Passport photo question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orange90

New
Reaction score
Hi there, I've completed my theory and confined water dives for PADI OW. The dive place requested two passport size photos for my certification card, which I provided. My sister has done theory/confined dives but has not been asked to provide photos. We're both getting referrals and will be doing out OW dives in Hawaii. My sister called the dive place again to say that I had to provide photos and it was strange she didn't, but they said she didn't need them. The dive place in Hawaii is saying we send them in once we've finished everything. So I'm a little confused...can someone shed any light on this? Thanks

You do need to submit photos. Some places give you all the paperwork when you are done and you submit it (with a fee). Other shops collect everything from you and submit the application for you. Typically resort locations have you submit the paperwork (although they could submit it and have the card mailed to your home). Shops like to submit it and have your card mailed to the shop. Gives them a reason to pull you into the shop, i.e. an opportunity to sell you stuff when you pick up your card. :)

The final paperwork will be complete in Hawaii. So either the Hawaii shop will give you all the paperwork and you submit it with your photo or you will need to give the shop in Hawaii your photo. When I did my OW it was at a resort. They took a picture of me at the resort and sent everything in for me. It doesn't have to be an actual passport photo.

Maybe the checkout shop is doing what we do, take digital photos on site and send them to PADI via email. No need for photos.

Hi All,
guess a good place for my question I want to stick up here.
As PADI needs e-photo now, what size in pixels that should be?
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom