Patriots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They showed on the news the other night tons of people lining up just for spring trainning game tickets, and paying big money too. I'll save my money for dive gear and watch the games on the tube.

I got ten tix(@ face value) for three different home games within one hour during the red sox on line sale on December 15th. Nothing left now, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get tix for all the games we wanted to see. Pretty good seats, too. I won't pay the outrageous on line ticket broker prices, though. Basically, it's legalized scalping. Hey, supply and demand economics, I guess.

LobstaMan

Of course the are going all the way! they are the best team in the world! I love the Patriots!

They can go all the way, as long as they don't cover the point spread!

You folks in NE had better get extra security for the game this Sunday just in case a few of the retired Dolphins show up and try to disrupt things. You can never tell how sneaky they will be in their quest to keep their sacred record in place.

oh no look out who's the old dude with the............ YAH Right that might happen:rofl3:

:football::xmassign::sleigh:15-0 way to go!!!!!!!

The one thing, perhaps the only thing bar injury, that can stop the Patriots is the weather. They look mortal in bad weather due their pass heavy offense. Brady is still an excellent bad weather QB, but snow, wind or ice can level things out quickly. Ironically, they might have been better off playing Indy in the title game away, in a dome. The way this winter has gone, its a good bet that the AFC championship in New England may be in a blizzard.

Also, if they go 16-0 and DON'T win it all, they will join the 0-4 Superbowl Bills in the over-achieving chumps category. If they don't win the Superbowl, they will be no better than 1-15 Miami at the end of the day: also-rans. In fact, they will be remembered in a worse light than hapless, no talent Miami. To go 16-0, with their talent, and not win it all can mean only one thing: a choke the size of the Sears Tower.

In the end, the regular season record means nothing. It's not whether they can win it all. They HAVE to now, or go down in sports infamy.

The one thing, perhaps the only thing bar injury, that can stop the Patriots is the weather. They look mortal in bad weather due their pass heavy offense. Brady is still an excellent bad weather QB, but snow, wind or ice can level things out quickly. Ironically, they might have been better off playing Indy in the title game away, in a dome. The way this winter has gone, its a good bet that the AFC championship in New England may be in a blizzard.

Also, if they go 16-0 and DON'T win it all, they will join the 0-4 Superbowl Bills in the over-achieving chumps category. If they don't win the Superbowl, they will be no better than 1-15 Miami at the end of the day: also-rans. In fact, they will be remembered in a worse light than hapless, no talent Miami. To go 16-0, with their talent, and not win it all can mean only one thing: a choke the size of the Sears Tower.

In the end, the regular season record means nothing. It's not whether they can win it all. They HAVE to now, or go down in sports infamy.

This smacks of Pat's hatin to me. Lighten up with the Bills comparison, It's not even close. Brady is 2 TD passes away from the record (at 30 yrs old) The record for most points is set to be snapped, personal records are being broken, and a complete sweep is certainly nothing to discount. A win would be nice, It's football, teams loose, but the records will stand on thier own merit.

This smacks of Pat's hatin to me. Lighten up with the Bills comparison, It's not even close. Brady is 2 TD passes away from the record (at 30 yrs old) The record for most points is set to be snapped, personal records are being broken, and a complete sweep is certainly nothing to discount. A win would be nice, It's football, teams loose, but the records will stand on thier own merit.

No, I don't hate the Patriots. They are a great team and will likely take it all. My point is simply this: it's about winning championships. That's why you throw TDs and win regular season games, etc. The Pats have done their share of that, so who can be too critical of them? It's all one big cycle anyway. In five years, they will suck, I assure you, so don't get cocky. That's football, as you note.

My issue is with the whole 16 and 0 thing. If you go 16-0 and get someone hurt, or keep your starter in because he wants to get a record and he gets hurt, or you lose in the playoffs because you wore out your team chasing records, then you aren't really chasing the goal that matters.

True, Brady may set a TD record but he's clearly CHASING the record for the record's sake. Why else did he play in the second half of today's game at all? I'm sorry, but when you are up 28-7 against an inferior team in a game that means nothing to your season and you are still tossing vertical bombs in the fourth quarter looking for another TD and taking a hit as you throw... that seems a little unsettling to me. If the guy separates a shoulder, the Pats go from superheroes to scrubs in an instant. This team is Brady, period. So why is he in there? Is his record more important than the team's ring? Perhaps it is, once you have three.

However, neither he nor Manning were ever cursed with the teams that Marino had. Dan needed a quick release because he spent most of his time on his back, not gazing for an hour at the recievers like Brady does. Also, Brady is on a team that throws 90% of the time, playing for a coach that wants to run up the score even if it wrecks his playoff run because he's mad at the league, and playing in an era when if you look at a receiver funny you get a flag. Also, given the stricter rules about roughing, the pass rush isn't as aggressive as it was even ten years ago. Thus, comparing passing records of today to those of, say, the Bradshaw or staubach era, is impossible. In the 1970s and early 1980s, the secondary could bascially hang onto receivers all over the field. And no one cared about helmet on helmet hits on QBs or hitting them below the knees. So who gives a crap about passing records? It's about the rings. That's what is universal --- proving you are the best when everyone is playing under the same rules. Proving you are the "best" when compared to players of another era, which is what records are about, is meaningless, particularly in s sport that chages it's rules every year.

No one threw the ball better than Dan Fouts in his day, and he's forgotten because he didn't win anything. At one time Fran Tarkenton held all the records, but he's largely a footnote too. As is Kelly, another prolific passer with no rings. Elway was no hall of famer until he got two rings. How many records did Montana need to be a legend? How many records does Namath have? Marino set a ton of records, but the lack of a ring casts a permanent shadow on his legacy. The legend grows around rings, baby, not stats, not records. The more rings, the bigger the legend.

Brady's legacy is in his rings, period. If he and his team throw one away looking for fluff lile 16-0 or 50 TDs, they are idiots. But then, they may get it all. More power to them if they do.

well said well spoken these are all valid points to consider. but I think it may be a bit more than just Brady's ring's that put him in the hall of fame I.E. youngest qb to win a ring for starters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom