Pay Rates for DMs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Follow Uncle Pug's Advice. major expenditure every month, whether it be a trip, new regs, stage bottles, doubles, a scooter, a scooter to stage, etc... If you stop buying, she'll think it's just a phase.
And if you buy a reel, make sure to tie the reel off on the outside of the wreck, and carry in the loop tied off on your manifold.
Cheers

I've adopted a saying that the instructor I work for told me...

"The only way to make a small fortune in diving is to start with a large one."

I worked as DM on a boat in Ft. Lauderdale. The pay was 30 dollars a trip, plus tip. I did one trip on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Two trips on Fri and Sat. From April to October it was great working on the boat. With my boat pay and tips I was making over $400.00 a week. The best job I ever had.

Evidently those of you who aren't making much as DMs just didn't get the right training. If you had trained at the Enron School of Diving, you would have learned how to set up dummy corporations to hold those losses while enabling you to show a skeptical non-diving spouse/significant other how you were actually making $$$$$ as a DM and how you could be making even more if you went diving two days per weekend, each and every weekend!

Nothing personal, but you haven't been in the dive world very long, have you?

Originally posted by guerosd
Out of curiosity, what is the average pay that a Dive Master receives? Is this an hourly function, a per trip?

A buddy and I were thinking about getting our DM with the thought that we might actually be able to make enough on weekends to pay for all the damn gear we keep buyin. I'd be happy to breakeven!

Expanding on that... rates for a Assistant instructor and/or an instructor??

:yellow: I've divemasters for some time now. and all I ever got was free air. mind thats not to bad . the LDS owner would throw me an air card every once in a while. not bad pay.... RIGHT ..... LOL
:yellow:

Back
Top Bottom