PCB dive trip in June with family - need condo recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
OK - so usually when I come to PCB to dive it's me and my dive buddy. We're not usually concerned about where we stay but now I have my manager and the 2 little assistant managers (5yo and 6yo) coming along for a week. This means my usual dive trip hangouts are off the list

Anyone have any recommendations of a nice condo to stay in the area? We've looked at Splash but it has had pretty bad reviews. Most reviews I look at any of the higher end condo's have bad reviews - so now need some help on where to stay.

Hey Flo, shoot me a message with your contact info. We're in PC and my wife works for an area hotel and has worked for Southern Vacation Rentals, a company which manages condo rentals and stuff all along the gulf. She also does a little travel agent stuff on the side and can probably find you a great deal and save you some cash. For instance, she searched and searched until we ended up staying down in the Keys a whole week in a six bedroom house for $650. The girl can find great deals with her connections. At the very least she can give you a few good, solid recommendations for where to stay or where not to stay. :)

You wanna stay on the beach right? Sunbird/regency towers... ive stayed at these all and these are the middle of the road condos. the princess is my wifes fav...

What price range are you looking to be within.
1 bdr , 2bdr , ocean front. What week ?
You get the idea.

Let us know, makes filling your need easier.

Jim Breslin

If you're diving you may consider Wreckraider.net As I recall Rod had a house near the beach and will often run a combo deal charter + lodging deal. Shoot him an email and see what's up.

I like to use VRBO to find a condo near St. Andrews such as Commodore, Moonspinner and Treasure Island. I haven't tried Seychelles but it looks nice. These properties are in the Lower Grand Lagoon area on VRBO.

Lower Grand Lagoon in Panama City Beach Area Florida Vacation Rentals by Owner - Lower Grand Lagoon in Panama City Beach Area Florida VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Lower Grand Lagoon in Panama City Beach Area Flor

These condos are all on the quiet end of the beach by St. Andrews State Park which also has great jetty diving. There is a great protected swimming area called the kiddie pool on the backside of the jetty rocks that is protected from much wave action.

They are also closer to the dive shops and marinas than properties further up the strip.

Back
Top Bottom