Peace River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulB once bubbled...
I wouldn't dive in there is someone paid me. They dump sewage in the Peace River.

Where don't they dump sewage or phosphates? Look at what the idiots are spraying 150 miles out in the gulf off of Flor-Duh. It's heading back in to Key West. :confused:

medical1 once bubbled...

Where don't they dump sewage or phosphates? Look at what the idiots are spraying 150 miles out in the gulf off of Flor-Duh. It's heading back in to Key West. :confused:

I am sure they would eagerly use a better suggestion if you could come up with one. Lets hear it!

Knavey once bubbled...

I am sure they would eagerly use a better suggestion if you could come up with one. Lets hear it!

I wish I could. :( I just don't think dumping poison and hoping it dilutes to safe levels was a good one. :doctor:

I also disagree with selling our water right to Dannen etc, so they can bottle Florida's spring water & sell it.;-0

I will be playing in that water in the winter time. When the water levels drop down, I will be driving up from FT. Myers.

I did some sifting at the boat ramp in Arcadia and had little luck. That spot is worked pretty heavy.

My friend dove just south of Arcadia boat ramp and found a fossilized turtle shell, they got all the peaces. Also, fosslilized camel or horse leg bone.

He says camel, I say it could be a cow or horse. But it is a fossil.

Let me know what you have found?

I have pondered diving the Peace River since my wife mentioned the idea of artifact hunting there. Maybe something can get organized to get a group of people out to do a dive.

Who want's to organize it? Wendy did such a great job getting everyone to Venice I elect her........

Can't wait till Saturday, I was hoping to get in a couple on Sunday but something has come up. But Nothing will stop me from being there Saturday.

See Ya' all there,

Wildbill:D

Hmm.. Wendy.. sounds like a likely choice to me.. course after this weekend she may decline it to. Personally, I'm working up to trying to get at least one day of shore dives somewhere every month. I don't think thats to unreasonable since there are so many places to go in this state to do that very thing.

Where would a reasonable place of meeting and access to the Peace River be? I have the ability to provide some simple transport on the river as my wife and I have a 16' canoe that is a whopping 42" wide in the middle!

Maybe Harvo, since he's been there? I'd offer, but I never have much advance notice of exactly when I'm free.

That would be great. We could try the spot that my friend went to. I have a canoe. The only thing right now the water is moving fast and is high. Also, almost 0 VIS. They said you have to put your face almost to the ground to see.

We could try Shell Creek it feeds into the Peace river (Saturdays work for me).

http://www.treasuresites.com/members/fossil.htm

Check out this site and let me know if you are interested. There is a boat ramp we could put in at.

I'M in!

If the river is pushing that much, maybe we should push it off till November or so when it settles down some. Shell Creek looks like a nice alternative.. I also noticed Manasota Key. I've lived in Ft Myers all my life and never knew that you could fossil hunt there or that there was anything else going on out there aside from the development of more of our coastline. Thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom