Peacock/Orange entrance fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
Peacock/Orange entrance fee
FYI: The entrance fee for Peacock is now $10..up from the previous $5. The year park pass is still $40 Thankfully the Ranger was there and I bought the year pass for $30 (- the $10 that I already had deposited). And they do take credit cards.

Chuck

Its been $10 for quite a while now i thought, at least most state parks have been $5 entrance per car plus $5 to dive per person, or are you saying its now $10 per person on top of the $5 car charge? When was the last time you dove there though Chuck? As long as i have been doing the springs its been $10 - that is since about last march/april time IIRC.

I just renewed my annual pass for $80 for a "family pass" which allows me to take up to 8 people in one car and depending on the ranger i can often get my buddies in other cars in as well on my ticket - which is nice. I usually breakeven on about 8 diving trips by myself, fewer if i have others with me or 16 non-diving trips which i can do in pretty short order for biking, hiking and just hanging out.

simbrooks:
As long as i have been doing the springs its been $10 - that is since about last march/april time IIRC.

Are you talking about about just a couple of months ago?
Last time I was there was 7/31/04.

There is not a car fee just a flat $10.

Chuck

SmokeAire:
Are you talking about about just a couple of months ago?
Last time I was there was 7/31/04.

There is not a car fee just a flat $10.
Peacock is a bit of a different animal i guess, most folks are there only to dive, whereas the rest of the parks have hiking, camping, swimming etc - so folks in most parks get a $5 car entrance fee no matter the number of folks in the car. Then there is an additional $5 diving fee on top of that at most other parks, they might just consolidate that for $10 altogether.... I never went to Peacock/OG before last august, so couldnt say, but i have been hitting blue spring, manatee springs for diving and a variety of others for other activities (mostly wekiwa springs and little big econ forest) - all of which had $5 for cars and when diving another $5, but i bought the card last march, it ran out this april, and got plenty of use out of it.

Its been $10 for about a year. I think $3 per car for non diving. $10 total for diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom