Peacock Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
My original comments stated: "Not that it changes -anything- in regards to the accident, as this goes -far- beyond the cavern."

I was just trying to clear up the misconception that there isn't any cavern. It obviously doesn't have anything to do with the accident at hand, but I'd hate for the comments like that to cause P3 to get closed to all but, say, Abe Davis holders [as has been suggested in one of the internet discussions on the topic].

You were clear about your separation of your attitude towards the cavern zone being a nice one and this accident.

But you know, I'm not all that sure that making it an "advanced cave only" site is such a bad idea. The fact is, once you know where it is, the dive to Hendley's is not that taxing a dive and pretty quick. But the other factors in the system, the lines, the dark walls, the deep silt, the low-ceiling all make it a dangerous place for unexperienced divers. And let's not forget, this is actually a siphon cave! No, I'd go along with Abe Davis or equivalent only.

JoeL

jjoeldm:
You were clear about your separation of your attitude towards the cavern zone being a nice one and this accident.

But you know, I'm not all that sure that making it an "advanced cave only" site is such a bad idea. The fact is, once you know where it is, the dive to Hendley's is not that taxing a dive and pretty quick. But the other factors in the system, the lines, the dark walls, the deep silt, the low-ceiling all make it a dangerous place for unexperienced divers. And let's not forget, this is actually a siphon cave! No, I'd go along with Abe Davis or equivalent only.

JoeL

The vis isn't usually as good as P1 but it's not any more silty I don't think. Most of the cave on the way to Hendley's is big. There are also some very low and extremely silty places very close to the P1 entrance. The cavern isn't silty but you don't have to go far to find some silt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom