Pending changes for certifications required for JDC dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newsletter from JDC, trying not to surprise people with their changes:
1676049571459.png

I was curious as to what the difference is for a dive to be considered specialty, so I visited their booking calendar, and this is what I've derived.

The is how the calendar lists dive trips:
1676053882332.png

I clicked on several "2-Tank Dive" trips and this is what's listed on the booking:
1676053967942.png

I clicked on several which don't just say "2-Tank Dive," such as the Lemon Shark and Wreck Trek trips, and they have this listed on the booking:
1676054044600.png

It appears that anything not labeled "2-Tank Dive" is a specialty dive. You can also hire a private guide and still book a trip. It doesn't appear that nitrox is optional on the specialty trips.

Hi @MrChen

I first learned of the new requirements when I took a look at the booking calendar for Jan 2023

2 tank dives requiring nitrox but not AOW include all the usual reef sites and include Turtle dives. JDC is offering a few sites that I have not dived yet; Heather's Dream, Glorious Gorge, and Aquatica. Anybody know these?

Specialty and 3 tank dives require nitrox and AOW. Specialty dives include:
Lemon Shark
Wreck Trek
Sawfish Exploration
Lobster Hunt
Night
Ana Cecilia
Deep Ledge
Goliath Grouper
(I don't think JDC tries to get out to the USS Rankin any more, have not seen it for a while)

My last dive for the aggregation was avg depth.. 79' Max 93' and bottom time 58 mins. Let's just say it is every simple to bump NDL on multiple dive repetitive days in Jupiter. Nothing is shallow, nothing is easy, and conditions are always changing. Love the place.

y4m9fvvD-wmcItCqC4H6CFhJXkK_Xli4YZt1y8y7YPEqk_PuA8sp_xIe3niS7qfUZAa2uARUxhdPwh6x_5mkCgnB-FJQSW1rRhXHF4hs2k9n9LGO1pgincC0pK6_KWR31yJQ2Fxze2LkqaHrcztd85YvxSK3BCBfFUN0plrIEgaKqHy0oOP5lGipch_t2gB4zDa

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom