Perdix AI battery door O-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shabaday

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How often do you change the battery door O-rings? Every time you replace the battery? Once
a year? Whenever?

Just for the sake of it I always put fresh ones on every 4-5 battery changes.

They are just standard DIN o-rings #112 70 duro NBR. Buy a bag of 100ea. From McMaster or oringstore.com for $5 and you will be set for life. Plus its cheep insurance last thing you want to do is flood a $1,000 computer because you were too lazy to change a $0.05 o-ring

Big fan of this stuff. Use it on all my o rings (outside of regs). Flashlights, dry glove rings, etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221-194444_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230221-194444_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 58
Basic silicone on mine and I rarely replace them. They are o-rings that are manipulated infrequently. Only when replacing the battery. Very little chance of knicks or other issues as long as they are lubricated with each use. I inspect them closely but unless I see issues, I leave them alone. I do the same thing with my Bigblue lights. I've never had a Bigblue nor a Shearwater Petrel/Perdix flood in over a decade of using them.

Of course, now I jinxed myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom