PerroneFord changed my thinking, n maybe even saved my life.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So based on the quote that sschlesi provided regarding compartmental non-differentiation, is it or is it not still a good recommendation to follow the Naui guideline of making a stop at half your deepest depth for any max depth over 40 feet?

Summary: According to my nitrogen loading bar on my computer, I left the water with LESS nitrogen loaded than I EVER have in the past! I left the water with CNS leves of 0 or 1% and I left the water and felt physically GOOD on the boat all day.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact that you felt good after adopting this new technique. Placebo effect or even chance would, i guess, be the most likely explanations. Of course, safety is never a bad thing.

What evidence supports micro-bubble theory? Just curious. I thought non-deco dive profiles kept you pretty safely within nitrogen solubility limits - preventing bubbles, micro or otherwise from forming?

Thanks!

The DAN study is in the 2008 Tech Diving Conference materials that should be available on DAN's website in their Medical Research section.

I have always thought we would be better off teaching decompression diving as EVERY dive is a decompression dive. I use V-Planner even for recreational nodeco dive.

i am going to bring this back to the start of the thread,

THis man (perroneford) has been so helpful and useful in my early decisions in buying dive equipment and helping me to keep a calm head when mine was full of hot buttons...I cant thank him enough..well some day i hope to in person. I dont even know his real name....sometimes he hit the nail on the head and some times he set off a set of questions that led me to the ask the right question..
many many thanks to all that you offer us strangers...Mwah..wendy

Questions questions...

For example, the OP here could easily have been seriously flamed. Wasn't, which in my book is good.

Am I the "OP?" If so... what does "could easily have been seriously flamed" mean" Aftern explaining it... please go ahead and "flame" away.

I have a hardbound notebook that I've used to write notes or copy posts into. Many of the things I've written have been posts by Perroneford.
I've always appreciated his approach to answering questions. More importantly, what he says here has changed how I think about my own diving and planning.
I may not ever do the type of diving that Perroneford does, I plan to remain a recreational diver for the time being.

I have a notebook full of the thoughts and opinions of many here, to serve as a quick reference.

Most of it is full of Perroneford's writings.

-Mitch

You guys REALLY need to stop this. I am just a guy who dives and tries to pay attention when the real giants of this game tell me things. This stuff is out of ALL proportion to my dive experience and ability.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to keep all of this going. ;-)

Take care,
Mitch

LAST ITEM.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom