personal ATX 50 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dennisgrimm

Registered
Reaction score
ok (infomercial voice)... i got all of my new equipment (2 atx 50's with DIN DS4 firsts, an AT20 octo, two AL80's, and a genesis isolation manifold) and dove with it all for the first time today. I have to say that is one slick setup. I love my ATX50's!!! The breathe great :D The DIN connections as super solid, the manifold is well built and also inexpensive. I am very happy. If there is anyone out there that is considering the Apeks line, I highly recomend the ATX50. They are overbalanced first stages and not as expensive as the ATX 200.

On our dive today we found a very large abandoned crab trap (commercial quality) and I used my lift bag to bring it up. As we struggled to get the trap up I was breathing heavily and I was very impressed with how my regs performed.

I have used many rental and loaner regs (including the Titan and the ATX 200) and I have to say the the ATX 50 was equal to or supirior to any reg I have breathed from before.

the ATX50 is great...my 1st stage is yoke style
with the swivel....no problems but I am still
just strictly recreational single tank for now...

I am lucky enough to be in area where I
can get any reg and authorized service
from practically any major manufacturer
...but after talking to a lot of people
and reading this board...went with Apeks
and am very glad I did

Back
Top Bottom