Peter Built out of business, HELP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should add that they are retiring and closing the business - which is slightly different than going out of business which typically implies the business failed. I think they were quite successful.

This is definitely the case. I spoke with them on the phone since I posted and they told me that they were simply ready to retire - who can blame them?? :)

They confirmed that someone bought the domain, the rights to the book, and essentially "one of everything" in order to re-form the business. So, it looks like most things will be available again soon. Only problem is, I am not that patient!

Keith - I thought that you had to be an authorized service technician to buy regulator service tools from Scubapro... is this not the case?

Ah crap! I just went there today to buy some items. I am sorely BUMMED out!

Me too, me too...

Murphy's Law. I put off buying some stuff too, went to the store and the doors are closed.

They confirmed that someone bought the domain, the rights to the book, and essentially "one of everything" in order to re-form the business. So, it looks like most things will be available again soon.
Was told last Friday (22nd) that the deal apparently fell through, and there is now no indication the tools will become available again.

We should get Tobin to talk to them. He is the BEST when it comes to innovation.

Good news. Scubatools.com will be back up and running soon. Same website same products.
A limited inventory to start with. But soon the full line will be available.
Thanks

We should get Tobin to talk to them. He is the BEST when it comes to innovation.

Pete,

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

It looks like somebody who is quite familiar with the scubatools product line is going to fill the void. That's likely the best for all involved, and for the end users also.

Even a very well documented product line (ISO9000 etc.) is a challenge to bring back on line, as there is inevitably some undocumented design and manufacturing "knowhow" that is absent.

I wish the new owners and operators of Scubatools the very best.

Tobin

Good news. Scubatools.com will be back up and running soon. Same website same products.
Thanks

Thanks

This is good news and a local (NC) address to boot. Welcome to the board. Keep us posted on what's going on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom