Phi Phi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justinechn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Doing my DMT now in Phi Phi. Was assisting a DSD dive yesterday at Bida Nok when we saw a whale shark - 6m. It was incredible! After 5mins, the DSD was nervous so we had to bring her up to the boat. Then went in again for a good 10 minutes watching the whale shark feed.. woohoo!!

Then 2nd dive at Palong North.. approx. 20-30 blacktips.

Ah, Phi Phi... my favorite place in Thailand (so far!). Glad to see diving ops are back to normal there. Is Visa Scuba back up and running?

I'm doing my practical with VISA diving! We've got a new manager this season.. TOM, he's a good guy.. and the staff team is really great.. superb atmosphere at the shop.

The shop is near the pier, heading into the village.. you coming back drbill?

I sure would like to return. Do you know what happened to the British woman who was managing VISA when the tsunami hit. Her name escapes me at the moment. They had a Dutch DM (Dieke) who I laughingly referred to as the "divemaster of my dreams." She went on to write a Dutch bestseller on kissing (Zoenen).

I think you're referring to Jessica, she was the previous manager.. apparently she was fired.. Now we have a whole team of scandinavians in the diveshop.. a dutch manager.. a malaysian DMT.. all good looking guys & gals!

The manager I'm thinking of is Kay. She was married to one of the villagers from Phi Phi.

Justinecn
You just made my day! I am headed to Phi Phi in 6 weeks and would DIE to see a whale shark! Be extra nice to him/her and tell her I am on my way!
Thanks Dude!
Susie

Scuba Susie:
Justinecn
You just made my day! I am headed to Phi Phi in 6 weeks and would DIE to see a whale shark! Be extra nice to him/her and tell her I am on my way!
Thanks Dude!
Susie

a little something to pep up your monday blues..

there was 6m whale shark at Bida Nok (local dive site), guitar shark at King Cruiser, mantas & 1 eagle ray at Hin Daeng / Hin Muang.. loads of lionfish and scorpionfishes.. :coffee:

Hin Daeng / Hin Muang 15-01-2007

Got to the dive site after an approx 2 hour speedboat ride. Was really happy.. no big waves.. really really calm. Jumped in Hin Muang.. ugh.. 5m viz and water was YELLOW! Hin Daeng was the same.

It's crazy.. it's supposed to be the height of the season now.. and this??? :confused:

Is it because of the El Nino? :shakehead

Kay is back in England now - She split form here Thai husband. She did some very good work following the Tsunami. Jess was managing visa last season but could be somewhat abrassive with the dive team. Personally I had no problem. glad ot hear the big beasts are back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom