Philippines Diving Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlodel

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished editing a video of one of my most colorful dives in the Philippines. It was just so beautiful to see the thousands of red Anthias fish swimming together with the current. Comments on my videography / editing will surely be appreciated.

You may download / stream the movie file using the link below:

http://homepage.mac.com/carlo_deleon/divepixel/anilao_beatrice.mov

Enjoy! :beer:

I would like to offer a little feed back on your effort to have your movie shown and my personal experience in trying to view it. I have DSL and it took for ever to down load. Once it popped up I saw it was in Quick time. I closed the link. Never did get to see what you wanted to share. Not sure how to solve the slow down load and you might want to try Microsoft Media Player. More popular. Not sure what others prefer but Quick time screws up my computer and I have removed it. Would like to see what you have shot. dawhale

Excellent video. I will be diving in Anilao again in September. Thanks.

Hi Carlo

Another great video - like all your others! :) It looked like a fantastic dive site. The Anthias especially reminded me of the Red Sea in summer. Beautiful.

Cheers, Simon

Diver_Dennis, simonspear - i'm glad you liked the videos. I have a couple of more that I am still editing. Still trying to catch up with all my past footage =)

dawhale - try downloading the latest quicktime player in the apple site. Though I will try to encode the video for Windows Media Player. I'll send you the link once it's ready. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for sharing. I liked it a lot! Well done and thanks. :)

No problems with Quicktime here. And I have to say - your video is very nicely edited. What program did you use? Also, at what depth did you film it?

I had absolutely no problems with downloading tho I am on a Mac. Having just returned from a week at Dumagete and a week at Puerta Galera, I see that there were many similarities. Good music.....however, I would suggest not using just one piece of music for an entire film. Concentrate on holding the cam steady, especially when shooting close ups. You can get away with it on long wide angle shots but of specific mid or cu shots it becomes very apparent ie the nudibranch clips. I would also suggest a greater mix of focal lengths from clip to clip.WA, CU, Med.WA, Cu..good film but almost all WA shots.
Steve:14:

sharksdelight:
I had absolutely no problems with downloading tho I am on a Mac. Having just returned from a week at Dumagete and a week at Puerta Galera, I see that there were many similarities. Good music.....however, I would suggest not using just one piece of music for an entire film. Concentrate on holding the cam steady, especially when shooting close ups. You can get away with it on long wide angle shots but of specific mid or cu shots it becomes very apparent ie the nudibranch clips. I would also suggest a greater mix of focal lengths from clip to clip.WA, CU, Med.WA, Cu..good film but almost all WA shots.
Steve:14:

You're right, I need to put more Medium to Close up shots in my videos. Though I'm really a fan of wide angle shots :) Thanks for the feedback!

Awesome...excellent video.
Thanks for sharing

Well, I'm a fan of macro video, and my first shoot looked like I was a junkie in need of a fiox in a real bad way detox I moved around so much.....

I was able to view it no problem, but that is because I have a real computer operating system based on a stable Unix cored-Apple's OS X.

Doesn't make a difference if it is Quicktime, DIVX, WMV, I can view them all seamlessly without having to do anything.

Carlo, I enjoyed your video, where did you serve it up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom