Philippines or Indonesia-which do you prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not been to Indonesia, but the diving and people are great in the Philippines, plus they speak english very well.

I have done both in the last 6 months. I went to Dumaguete, PI and Komodo National Park in Indonesia. The Philippines is very nice and laid back, you can find some cool critters, but it doesn't compare to Komodo. Infact, no place I've been can compare to Komodo. You are at the very center of Marine Bio-diversity in Indonesia, you will see everything from the tiniest pygmy seahorses to Sharks and Mantas. I am going back in November and cannot wait! Ohhh and don't forget about the DRAGONS too!!

There's tubbataha in the philippines Jenny. . . :)

The philippines is a better choice, in terms of diving and beaches, and the people too .. . . and of course Im biased. :D

and you have all the right to be Ish.

why does one have to be better than the other?

lets not compete lets cooperate. lets not be divisive lets integrate.

the philippines and indonesia are separated by polotical ideologies thats it but we share the same sea the same sky ......

lets not pick one from the other.

please ?

Purely based on diving, If you were going to live there, I'd say Indonesia. For a week or two vacartion, I'd say the PI and specifically, Tubbataha as mentioned by Ish. Since they speak English here (sort of <ducking> :wink: ) it alleviates a lot of the issues people have when vacationing in a foreign country and you can concentrate on relaxing.

paolov:
why does one have to be better than the other?

lets not compete lets cooperate. lets not be divisive lets integrate.

lets not pick one from the other.

please ?

i agree with pao (wise are the oldies :D)...both the philippines and indonesia are within the so called "center" of marine bio diversity (please ask chip or iris to explain). whichever country you choose doesn't really matter. underwater it's probably very similar.

jonix:
i agree with pao (wise are the oldies :D)...both the philippines and indonesia are within the so called "center" of marine bio diversity (please ask chip or iris to explain). whichever country you choose doesn't really matter. underwater it's probably very similar.
Philippines is the center of marine biodiversity (reef fish wise) in THE WORLD. But Indonesia is more slap bang in the middle of the coral triangle.

It'd be hard to pick one over the other - I'd love to visit both. My choice would come down to expense since both have bragging rights when it comes to marine life. Now which country has more pirates? YARRRRR! :)

@ Jennifer: Komodo has undergone an excellent coral rehabilitation program over the last couple of years. Glad you were able to appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom