Philippines or Indonesia-which do you prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to admit I was more than a little surprised by the outstanding quality of the diving in Puerto Galera. When we first pulled into the bay and saw all the boats and hotels right on the beach, I said to myself this place might have way too many people to have any good diving close by. I was wrong. On my last dive there a few days ago, we found an olive green Frog Fish almost right under the floating bar. Outstanding biodiversity. The proximity of the dive sites and one of the best Tech Dive schools boosts it to the top of my list along with Palau.

I just returned from Sangalaki, Indonesia. I have to say its now my most fave diving spot. I would love to go back again and again. The resort I stayed at was so near at two spots called Manta Parade and Manta Avenue. Literally, its a pathway where mantas pool together and feed. You can have numeous encounters with mantas ( and all black manta looking like stealthbombers) above and underwater. An hour and a half hours boat ride from Sangalaki is Maratua Island, its where the tides go crazy!I had to "kiss" the sand to avoid getting caught in the current. But I got my fill of hundreds of cudas in a wild current rush. I got close enough to get decent photos and videos of the cudas.

There's Kakaban Island that's famous for its jellyfish lake. A lake filled with stingless and harmless jellyfish. Kinda icky and weird but its a great experience!

In the Philippines,Tubbataha and Malapascua are both great spots for diving however I love diving at ANILAO, since its so accessible all year round and you can see a lot of sea creatures.

Cheers!

How about Malapascua? I'm thinking of going in oct this year, but not firmed up yet. I've been to Manado, both Bunaken and Lembeh, and they are great diving sites! Great vis and lots of stuff!

staad3:
How about Malapascua? I'm thinking of going in oct this year, but not firmed up yet. I've been to Manado, both Bunaken and Lembeh, and they are great diving sites! Great vis and lots of stuff!

try this site...one of the more known dive ops there ---> http://malapascua.net/

Back
Top Bottom