Phobias?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am only reasonably scared of sharks. I swear everyone has seen six gill sharks this last year except me. We had a sighting of a Great White that a fisherman managed to snag while fishing. That was a shock to local divers. I did dive around small sharks in Maui and felt no fear.

I night dive on a regular basis and would much rather dive at night that in the daylight. :eek:ut: I totally fell in love with night diving the first time I tried it!!

Now, I will not swim at night period. Dive yes! Swim No!!! It totally freaks me out. I also have a totally stupid fear of diving in fresh water. I have to talk to myself during the whole dive to stay calm. I am completely afraid of unidentifiable scary things in fresh water.:confused:

Wendy once bubbled...
Well I don't know if its cuz of the sharks exactly, but I am scared to go into the ocean at night.

whats the problem!!!

Went to sipadan earleir this year and did the drop off as a night dive, i looked round to see where one of my buddies was and saw a white tip coming at him from behind, i was trying to subtly signal him with my light and just caught his attention as the shark swam over his left shoulder then dropped down the wall between us, all my buddy saw was a flash of tail.

Wasnt scary at all (he was only a tiddler anyway) but just a very chilled moment

danielle once bubbled...

sting rays on the other hand...ick.. i hate them..... i will not go near one!

What's wrong with them? They are very graceful and gentle creatures. It's amazing to watch them swim. The fly underwater. I fed them before and have reciebed many a hicky from them lol. I even have a picture of an albino named Angel when I was in the Bahamas.

Iloveoctopus once bubbled...

Now, I will not swim at night period. Dive yes! Swim No!!! It totally freaks me out. I also have a totally stupid fear of diving in fresh water. I have to talk to myself during the whole dive to stay calm. I am completely afraid of unidentifiable scary things in fresh water.:confused:

*I will not laugh; I will not laugh; I will not laugh!* :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom