Photo Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_star

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What can I do to help this image?

CRW_5248.jpg

Here's the best I can come up with after a bit of work on the picture during my lunch break.
Edited in the Gimp (for Linux) with Auto Whitebalance - Color Enhance and some modified Brightness/contrast settings - just a Q&D job. This is a scaled down version - if you want the full size edited picture, PM me.

CRW_5248-processed-scaled.jpg

1 ) when you post, if you could, please make the longest side 700 so it fits on the screen better! having to scroll is really frustrating. :wink:

2) I threw it through the auto levels and colours in PSCS2 and it came up pretty well. A bit of healing brush on the right side and maybe some selective burning and viola! BTW - I don't usually use the autos, but just wanted to see what would happen. i think manually adjusting will yield even better results.

Blox:
Here's the best I can come up with after a bit of work on the picture during my lunch break.
Edited in the Gimp (for Linux) with Auto Whitebalance - Color Enhance and some modified Brightness/contrast settings. This is a scaled down version - if you want the full size edited picture, PM me.

CRW_5248-processed-scaled.jpg

wow! those are amazing! big difference

Here's a simple fix with Photoshop Elements 3.0. Nothing more than a manual levels adjustment.

On the RGB composite there was no info darker than 56, so the left slider goes to 56. This leaves the image very dark, so then I adjust the midpoint slider to 1.31 to lighten stuff up a bit. It's a small file the size is reduced to 700 pixels, but you can see the overall effect. There really isn't any easy way to deal with the bubbles or the hanging snorkel. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom