Photos from a Rough West Palm Weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
With all of the cold weather here in Florida last week I was psyched to hear it was warming up for the weekend. I was ready to get in the water and signed to dive with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (Bahamas & Palm Beach, Florida Scuba Diving :: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures)! Unfortunately, the seas didn't cooperate so well. Saturday we had solid 5-7 foot seas with the occasional 8-10 footers that really kept life interesting. Sunday was a little better and calmed down quite a bit by the second dive of the morning. The captain and crew were outstanding, especially given the challenging conditions.

Water temps were 74 degrees and visibility around 60 feet or so. Unfortunately, it was overcast with occasional downpours which didn't make for good lighting for photography.

We had to stay close to the inlet and dove Midreef and Playpen/Toybox on Saturday and then another dive on Midreef followed by South Doubles on Sunday. However, we did see a TON of turtles, along with the usual suspects of eels, stingrays, nurse sharks, and lots of tropical fish.

Here are a few photos:

westpalmjanuary2010_img_4622a.jpg

westpalmjanuary2010_img_4639a.jpg

westpalmjanuary2010_img_4692a.jpg

westpalmjanuary2010_img_4687a.jpg

A bunch of others can be found here:
debersole.com

I like the first one of the eel. with that coral, it looks like a turtle shell.
I'm coming down there in 2 weeks to dive with JASA at tiger beach. how's the water temp?

Very nice.
Thanks for sharing!
Chug
Needs a better camera

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom