Photos from Boracay, May '08 (Eels, shrimps, crabs...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not a place normally associated with great diving, but if you seek, you shall find...

Porcelain Crab
porcrabsm.jpg

Some sort of shrimp
shrimp1sm.jpg

Glass Shrimp
shrimp2sm.jpg

shrimp3sm.jpg

Ribbon eel

ribbon2sm.jpg

ribbon3sm.jpg

ribbonsm.jpg

DM slowly ascends out of the wreck..
wrecksm.jpg

Z...

The little sucked was posing. He was fairly still. when I first saw him, he was picking off little fish that were swimming by in a school. I tried to get a shots, but the damn 100mm macro DOF is not quite cut out for that.

When the fish swam off, he started posing, came out quite a way and sat right in front of the camera...

Z...

*LMAO* can't remember the dive site, but the DM said "there is not much there, but not much other choice" as I had already done a 32m dive, and he wasn't too keen on taking me back to 32m so I could take the macro lens to shoot the pygmy sea horses that were down there. Something about not wanting to go into deco.

So we went to this site instead, and I was pleasantly surprised, could have quite happily kept snapping away for another hour, plenty to see. The 2 shrimp and the crab were al on the same anemone, along with another crab that got under the anemone before I could shoot it.

Z...

Amazing Eel...love the color. Did you do any post production on the first shot?

baby, the unedited version of these pics were way much cooler. :p

Very nice!

Scubagil - did a little bit of sharpening, and also played a little with the contrast.
I'm quite happy to post up an unedited version to compare. Actually, I'd like to get opinions on which is better...

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom