Photo's from last week in the Maldives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All

I didn't use a strobe or flash on any of the pictures, these were all taken using the natural sunlight, all above 20 metres depth. I just had my S90 and Inon lense.

The sea was very flat calm, but March is the best month to visit the Maldives for the calm weather, I have been other times and it can get quite choppy and windy.

Thanks for your encouraging comments on the pics.

WOW!!! Tell us more about the dive operator and the port of origination.

The dive op were Maldives Scuba Tours.....brilliant company, I have used them many times and every trip has been fantastic. Flew direct from Heathrow, direct to Male and we was in the water diving within an hour or so of clearing customs.

I've just returned from 2 weeks in the Maldives (Baa Atoll) and have to say, the weather was perfect the whole time, we had a couple of days of almost glass-like sea - I just never thought to try that half-in/half-out shot myself !! Next time...

I took my new S95/RecSea/D2000 setup, must admit I found the results a little disappointing to start with, until I got the hang of all the manual settings & strobe placement - haven't looked at the photos yet on the computer, will do that shortly!
-Durwin

I hope you get the chance to post some of the results once you have had a chance to download them.

Thanks for the link to the photos. I enjoyed them all and the video of the deaf dm was funny, although I didn't quite understand who/what he was imitating. Thanks for posting.

Beautiful pics. thanks for sharing. I'm still learning how to use the new S95, haven't even gotten it wet yet. Hopefully I'll get it figured out before my Maldives trip Oct. 2012.

Back
Top Bottom