Photos from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
missed this moray photo on my first pass thru my Palau pics... I'm impressed with how sharp the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX is behind the dome (even when the photo is cropped...).

BTW, does it look like this moray has a set of fangs in the middle of his mouth?
IMG_8158.jpg

Eels are one of my favorites. I love this shot! How do you like the Sigma? Does that lens do Macro? I'll have to look.

Ron, its the older non Macro version of the Sigma 18-50 EX f2.8. There is newer Macro version which focuses closer (not sure what the exact ratio is but its not true macro). I like it a lot and now that I have the Tokina 10-17 fisheye (which is also turning out to be a great little lens) to cover the ultrawide range, the Sigma 18-50 spends a lot of time on my camera as it does a good job at 18mm as well as to 50mm behind a dome. If I didn't already have the 18-50, I probably would have snapped up the 17-70 macro that Alcina has!

Inspired by Pakman, I just bought the Tamron 17-50mm. Hopefully, I'll find a way to fit into my housing. Gonna need a zoom ring from Aquatica...

Ron, your guy might be related to my guy! Same funky teeth. Maybe it's normal? I assumed his were broken....

Eelforpost.jpg

permanentlynarced, thanks for that tidbit! I would have never known. Just thought this guy didn't go to the orthodontist as a kid... :D Here's the same guy from different angles...

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom