Photoshop Essentials and C5, Whats the difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am considering Photoshop for some editing. I am no computer wiz and am curious which is the better way to go. What is the difference between Essentials 10 and C5? (besides price). Would a novice such as myself be better served with Essentials? Or should I go with the extra cost and get the C5?

Unless you are a professional, Photoshop Elements will meet your needs. C5 is mostly suited towards a business pro. With the money you save get some Topaz Filters.

Unless you are a professional, Photoshop Elements will meet your needs. C5 is mostly suited towards a business pro. With the money you save get some Topaz Filters.

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much for your opinion. Now I am off to google topaz filters.

That would be Lightroom and it has pretty much everything you need for adjusting photos, and is pretty simple to use. Do you shoot in RAW? If not you should be, assuming your camera can do so.

Lightroom is actually easier to use then Photoshop. If you have a Mac go with Aperture, also easier.

I don't have a camera that shoots in RAW. I don't have a MAC. I have a Sealife DC 800 and a PC. I went out and bought Elements 10. I have been playing and having fun. Here is the first of my efforts. This one PICT0107_edited-3.jpg From: PICT0107-1.jpg

It came with a 30 day trial disk of Lightroom 3.

I can go on a dive trip for the price of a Mac.

Picture looks great so far, now run it through Topaz Detail and really make it pop.

Picture looks great so far, now run it through Topaz Detail and really make it pop.

Thanks, I googled Topaz and had a look. I think I will play with photoshop for a bit and then do the Topaz trial. I have lots of pictures to play with:D. Thanks for your help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom