Photoshop Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan on installing photoshop CS on my work computer this weekend and spend the weekend playing with some photos. Below is one photo that I really like, except it has some algae in the way. My photoshop knowledge is not that great, so I was wondering if there is any way to 'erase' the algae so you can see the anemone better?

Thanks heaps,
Mel

Wilsons_Prom_-_Labour_Day_Weekend_2005_027.jpg

phew....you might get some of it out of the way...there are just some spots that will be very hard to reconstruct....lots of work that might not be worth it.

Cool, no worries, thanks Justleesa, you've saved me hours of frustration!

Mel :)

I wish I had better news for ya....there are others out there with better skills lets se what the suggest...do you have other photos of such anemones?

Sorry to say it, but I'm with JL on this one. You could do it but it would take a lot of time and patience with questionable results at the end.

Hi,

Yes, I've got a few other photos of the same anemone. This one was the nicest except for the damm shutter lag that caused the aglae to end up in the photo! Are you thinking that the tenticles from other photos be transposed onto this one?

I think this just gives me more incentive to get back to that site (only get there once or twice a year) and try to get a good photo!

Mel

Mel.B:
Hi,

Yes, I've got a few other photos of the same anemone. This one was the nicest except for the damm shutter lag that caused the aglae to end up in the photo! Are you thinking that the tenticles from other photos be transposed onto this one?

pretty much...if the middle part is good we could work with it....but going back for a dive is the better choice :wink:

I agree :)

Thanks for the help. As I'm not overly familiar with CS, I don't know whats possible and whats not.

Mel

Mel.B:
Hi,

I think this just gives me more incentive to get back to that site (only get there once or twice a year) and try to get a good photo!

Mel
You could also use the clone tool and healing brush taking parts from the same picture. It would be a LABOR of love for sure.

Mel:

I second Yoda and Lisa. If you have better shots of the anemone, then stick with them. Cloning out the algae would be a lot of work as Yoda suggests, and not something I would try without establishing some comfort working with CS on easier projects.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom