Photoshop Photo Correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of i hope i can make you understand by my poor written english, sorry!
It was one of the best experience that i ever head, after a while that i was playing with the shark was time to go, as soon as i aproach the boat to go in and move away the shark came close to me touching my back getly with his face, the first time i tough was a coincidence, it happens 3 time, every time i try to go back in the boat the shark approch me repeating the exact same beaviour, i felt that he was telling me: " where are you going? Do not go away, stay here and play"
No matter what you think about, in state of insult breath first and enjoy the many gifts that sea gives everytime we visit him cause judging as you are doing in my opinion is wrong, is really wrong no matter how.......
I axcept the opinion of people that desagree with such behaviuor, i respect that of curse, i dont agree but i respect, thank for underline it!
Sorry if, by showing the photo, i brough any problem to the forum, i was so focusing on asking help to solve my problem that i did not realize that i can undirectly cause matter.

You must/should shoot in raw...!
Then i can help ;-)

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

For a contrary opinion, I suggest you concentrate on learning how to use your camera and ignore photoshop.

I view photoshop as "treating the symptoms" (of not knowing how to get a good shot) as opposed to "applying a cure" (learning how to use your camera).

Photoshop also allows you to make reality look even better than real.

Maybe I am old school or just lazy, but for me the shot I captured is real. Applying photoshop is a lie. It distorts the truth of the situation. It may be a tiny white lie or a huge whopper.

I get lots of shots I wish were better. But they weren't. The viz was bad, the angle was bad, the lighting was bad, my finger was in the shot,....

For a contrary opinion, I suggest you concentrate on learning how to use your camera and ignore photoshop.

I view photoshop as "treating the symptoms" (of not knowing how to get a good shot) as opposed to "applying a cure" (learning how to use your camera).

Photoshop also allows you to make reality look even better than real.

Maybe I am old school or just lazy, but for me the shot I captured is real. Applying photoshop is a lie. It distorts the truth of the situation. It may be a tiny white lie or a huge whopper.

I get lots of shots I wish were better. But they weren't. The viz was bad, the angle was bad, the lighting was bad, my finger was in the shot,....

Shooting raw and processing the image in lightroom or photoshop is analagous to shooting film and processing in the darkroom. Part of the Photo happens when you set up the camera and capture the light and part of the photo happens when you process that image to present it to the world. Photoshop can help you to lie if you want but I see it as an important part to convey the feeling I want you to feel in the image.

Sometimes you aren't trying to just document the truth. Sometimes your are trying to illicit an emotion.

Shooting raw and processing the image in lightroom or photoshop is analagous to shooting film and processing in the darkroom. Part of the Photo happens when you set up the camera and capture the light and part of the photo happens when you process that image to present it to the world. Photoshop can help you to lie if you want but I see it as an important part to convey the feeling I want you to feel in the image.

Sometimes you aren't trying to just document the truth. Sometimes your are trying to illicit an emotion.
So learn to paint...

Cheers...

I can paint.

I choose to do both. Photography can be art. It doesn't have to just be documentation.
Agreed. I just hate it when people portray a doctored photo as "real".

And I can't paint. Or sketch. Or sing. Or dance. Or play a musical instrument. No artistic talent at all when you come to think about it... I am probably lucky to get a handful of interesting photos each trip... Thankfully, The law of large numbers is on my side.

Wait a second. You're using artificial lighting to make your photos in a dishonest way? They should be dark and devoid of most colors. For shame!

Giffenk, I totally disagree. Sometimes conditions change. You turn a little and the Sun is in front instead of behind, or you have to look down instead of up for a shot and the picture is a little dark. You set for the cloud overhead and the sun peeks out. When you're shooting manual to give yourself the best artistic shot, sometimes things go wrong. The picture didn't change, only the information the sensor used to record it changed. Many photographers put their cameras on auto settings and let the little computer chip decide on the shutter speed or aperture opening. Is that lying? No. Maybe if your shot is a little too bright, you turn down the exposure in Photoshop. It's no different then setting the shutter faster before the shot, except maybe the shot is once in a lifetime like a whale shark that came to visit you, and you don't have the time or the inclination. Fixing it in post processing is no crime, and it's not different from fixing it before you shoot, except for the ability to brag about what a great photographer you are. Ideally, the picture is the same. Unless you're selling it to NatGeo, who cares.

and in addition to all the bashing giffenk have already gotten...

Regardless how good of a camera and optics you use, the camera is a notorious liar!
The camera will NEVER capture what you see however hard you try - the dynamic range of the sensor is just not as good as your eyes..

Back
Top Bottom