Photoshop Photo Correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Photoshop cs6
windows 7 64 bit

Hi everybody,
have look please at the 2 photos that i attach, the original "original_photo_1" and the correct one "correct_photo-2":
in the correct one i apply some adjustment layers in order to correct exposure, colors, etc, i apply:
Exposure
Chanel Mixer
Photo Filter
Levels
I try also to remove backscatter with healing brush tool
or with filter>noise>dust and the "scratches and history brush tool"

I save as jpeg 100%, maximum quality for the web, those photos are going to be published on my web site, and i always end up with that kind of alo that you can see in photo "correct_photo-2", that noisy alo (the sun light reflaction) in the blue of the sea. Can you explain to me please how to correct this photo in a proper manner in order to end up with a good final resault?

originalphoto1.jpg

correctphoto2.jpg

Thank a lot!

Lannabulls,
You probably won't get much, if any help on Scubaboard as most of the members do not approve of the holding onto and/or riding the whaleshark.

I'll join in...For a better photo, get your damned hands off the whaleshark you moron.

If you wanted a serious answer then you should have photoshopped out the asshat molesting the whaleshark. Ask yourself this, how would you feel if the whaleshark stuck his %^&* up your a$$ and rode you? :shocked: Sorry if that sounds a little harsh or vulgar.

Even though I do not approve of this type of interaction with marine life, some of you people need to get over being so damn critical of others. This post was merely asking for help with photo adjustments.

ditto ditto whaleshark.

Here's a tutorial I once found for setting white and black points in a photo. It may help you to get started.
Photoshop Tutorial - Setting Black and White Points - YouTube

If you are doing a lot of editing like this shooting in Raw is best to give you the most data possible for correction.

While people may see the replies as being harsh, the reposting of this picture without specific language that this type of behavior is unacceptable, :no: will lead some other people to think that it is a cool thing to try should they ever be in the water with a whale shark. Of course this is just my opinion but something tells me I am not alone. I am sure there are countless other photos that could be played with in photoshop and posted for guidance. If needed I have a few hundred pictures of backscatter and fish butt that I would happily donate. :D

Back
Top Bottom