Pic for quilt request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
OK so don't laugh but along with scuba diving, I also make quilts, completely amateur. I am planning a new quilt that will use a photo as inspiration. The technique is somewhat new for me and it usually takes me quite a while to complete a project so the finished quilt is probably a year or so away.

My question is, is any UW photographer out there willing to share a picture with me to serve as the foundation for a quilt? It is completely uncompensated except I will post a photo of the quilt if anyone is interested (remember it will be awhile!). If successful, it will be entered into mostly local quilt shows and i will of course credit the photographer. By sharing the photo with me you will be giving me permission to use it in the design of a quilt. I am a fairly good quilter but this style is very new to me so don't expect too much.

I am willing to post or PM samples of my other quilts if requested.

Thanks,

Lisa

What kind of a photograph are you looking for? You are welcome to use any of mine.

Thanks TSandM, I wii take a look at your posted pics.

I could use any photo posted on the Internet as inspiration for a freehand drawn design but would not do that without permission of the photographer. My art skills are not good and this technique would be a loose interpretation of the photo at best. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

A high resolution photo emailed or PM would be preferred but not required. I could then enlarge and print the photo without too much loss of detail (much of the detail will be lost in the interpretation anyway) and then trace the enlargement.

Lots of color would be ideal and probably a panaromic rather then close up but that's also probable but not a definite requirement. I would also like to know a little bit about the photo esp where it was taken. This will add interest to the quilt. Finally I would like to print the photo to display beside the quilt.

---------- Post added January 24th, 2013 at 09:57 AM ----------

Got my pic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom