Picasa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a reminder of the Picasa tool from Google. I've been meaning to try it, finally got to it, and LOVE it. I've been using it on land shots, until today.

What does it do?

It's a great way to search and browse through your photos.

PLUS, it does a lot of EASY manipulation of photos. Lots of stuff which will make your photos look great in hardly any time. Then just take those absolute keepers into photoshop.

I'm a fan. I did my first dive with my camera today, and it even did a good job of cleaning up all those pictures (with about 5 minutes work total). My all-green photos were all-of-a-sudden full of colour... lighting fixed... etc. Just takes a little practice learning how to use all the effects. Sweeeet.

http://picasa.google.com

Enjoy.

- ChillyWaters

Just a reminder that changes to the photos in Picasa do NOT affect your actual files. Changes are stored in meta-data, separately, in another file. To make the changes permanent for printing you'll have to "export" a file or folder.

So, go nuts and don't worry about messing your original photos.

- ChillyWaters

I had heard of Picasa, but didn't quite know what it was. Thanks for sharing the info.

Julie

ChillyWaters:
Just a reminder that changes to the photos in Picasa do NOT affect your actual files. Changes are stored in meta-data, separately, in another file. To make the changes permanent for printing you'll have to "export" a file or folder.

So, go nuts and don't worry about messing your original photos.
Not quite true.

Some simple things like rotation and cropping don't affect the original and the "changes" are stored in the picasa.ini file.

Some of the other types of edits DO change the file. Redeye correction, for example. Picasa makes a new subfolder "Original" and moves the original to that folder.

Charlie

Charlie99:
Not quite true.

Some simple things like rotation and cropping don't affect the original and the "changes" are stored in the picasa.ini file.

Some of the other types of edits DO change the file. Redeye correction, for example. Picasa makes a new subfolder "Original" and moves the original to that folder.

Charlie

I haven't tried red-eye reduction yet. Though all the colour corrections and brightness stuff is stored in the ini file as well.

- ChillyWaters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom