Picking a new op with pier pickup at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
for 15 or so years until 2019 we used Blue XTSea, primarily for the crew and Pedro Pablo. I know he is with Deeper Blue but they won't do a pier pickup at BA and we don't want to schlep. We may be diving with BA but looking at options. Because we used the same op for so long, I really don't even know who is left and still there. Aldora? Living Underwater? Anyone recommend a good op that would be similar to the service Blue XTSea offered?

EDIT sorry PP with Blue Project

EDIT 2 - we would always take our gear from the boat every day so we could shore dive. Don’t need or want gear storage
Thanks!

I dived with Aldora with a pickup at Blue Angel not quite two years ago. The only problem with it was making sure we got to breakfast as soon as it opened so we had time to eat before the pickup. We learned to order breakfast the night before so it would be ready ASAP.

I was at Blue Angel just over a month ago, Aldora did pickup on the BA wharf, mostly around 8:00 am, maybe ever earlier.

Tres Pelicanos will pick up outside the resort at the street. You bring your gear the first day and then they will valet it for the rest of the week. Or you can drop your gear off at the shop the day before you start diving, just call ahead to arrange a drop off time.

Tres Pelicanos will pick up outside the resort at the street. You bring your gear the first day and then they will valet it for the rest of the week. Or you can drop your gear off at the shop the day before you start diving, just call ahead to arrange a drop off time.
CAN THEY LEGALLY PICK UP DIVERS ON THE STREET? NEVER WORKED FOR ALDORA!

Would Blue Angel dive shop work for you? That would be very convenient.

Did you mean Pedro Pablo works at Deeper Blue, or Deep Blue? My understanding is that Deep Blue will pick up at Blue Angel.

Many shops will take care of your equipment if you ask. I've never done it, but if I wanted my shop to take my gear, they'd do it, even though it isn't a normal offering.

CAN THEY LEGALLY PICK UP DIVERS ON THE STREET? NEVER WORKED FOR ALDORA!
They do, and it is so much talked about that it appears not to be a secret from the taxistas; perhaps they have some sort of agreement in place. Was it actually illegal for Aldora or just counter to what the taxi union wanted?

Just at Blue Angel 2-3 weeks ago and we were picked up by Aldora. Aldora was a 7:45 AM pick up, so the breakfast issue John experienced is still a thing. Ordering in advance is a fine idea we did not think of. We would go at 7:00 and be 100% ready to go down to the dock from the restaurant. You can see the boat coming in from the restaurant, so that's a plus.

We were told by a long time guest that one of the reasons BA moved most of their AM departure times to 9:00 is due to how busy the restaurant got in the AM and people needing to leave before they ate in order to catch their boat.

We were told by a long time guest that one of the reasons BA moved most of their AM departure times to 9:00 is due to how busy the restaurant got in the AM and people needing to leave before they ate in order to catch their boat.
Their website still says 8AM. It was 8AM every time I have been there and I am a very long time guest. I will be there again in June, so I guess I will find out if they changed it. I hope they did not; an 8AM departure was never a problem for me.

Their website still says 8AM. It was 8AM every time I have been there and I am a very long time guest. I will be there again in June, so I guess I will find out if they changed it. I hope they did not; an 8AM departure was never a problem for me.

That's what we saw on their site, too. One boat departed at 8:00, which was a group trip and not available for us to join. Two, maybe three, other boats departed at 9:00 and No Problem at 10:00. We were on the 9:00 Jibara with Matt most mornings and had great dives. Enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

Back
Top Bottom