Picking a new op with pier pickup at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Bottom Time Divers - Raul Owner/DM. I use them. Pedro Pablo and Raul, worked together at what was Blue Bubble then together at BlueXTsea. Raul left to start his own business and has been doing so for many years. It is very similar in operation to BlueXTSea and other boutique dive ops (8 PAX boat). He has picked up in that area before. If you are in inclined, contact him via his web page email address - Scuba Diving Cozumel | Bottom Time Divers Cozumel. Ask him if he can pickup there and pickup times.

While our breakfasts were indeed hurried, the real issue was my dear companions who are (shall we say?) not the most efficient early morning people.

That's what we saw on their site, too. One boat departed at 8:00, which was a group trip and not available for us to join. Two, maybe three, other boats departed at 9:00 and No Problem at 10:00. We were on the 9:00 Jibara with Matt most mornings and had great dives. Enjoyed our stay and plan to return.
Mateo is a great DM, isn't he? He is the primary (only?) instructor at BA, so if he has students he will be dealing with them instead of going out as a DM. The last time we were there we were lucky and got to go out with him several times. Mateo is an old friend and fellow Deadhead; ask him sometime about his days of following the Dead around.

The dive op can be flexible with their departure times if divers want to go out later, but every time I have stayed at BA the default time for the smaller boats has always been 8AM.

Mateo is a great DM, isn't he? He is the primary (only?) instructor at BA, so if he has students he will be dealing with them instead of going out as a DM. The last time we were there we were lucky and got to go out with him several times. Mateo is an old friend and fellow Deadhead; ask him sometime about his days of following the Dead around.

The dive op can be flexible with their departure times if divers want to go out later, but every time I have stayed at BA the default time for the smaller boats has always been 8AM.
I really enjoyed diving with Mateo. Good briefings with key info only. Relaxed diving and excellent group management that kept things relaxed and independent. I'd love to chat with him about his time on tour. I saw about 40 shows in the late 80s early 90s, including some JGB shows. We got to talk a bit, but the Dead never came up.

Our preference would have been 8:00 AM, but the schedule was set.

Restaurant opened at 7:00 although coffee was available as early as 5:30 which came in handy the day we caught a 7:00 ferry to go to Tulum.

Would Blue Angel dive shop work for you? That would be very convenient.

Did you mean Pedro Pablo works at Deeper Blue, or Deep Blue? My understanding is that Deep Blue will pick up at Blue Angel.

Many shops will take care of your equipment if you ask. I've never done it, but if I wanted my shop to take my gear, they'd do it, even though it isn't a normal offering.
Sorry. He’s with Blue Project. Brain fart.

We are considering BA and actually have booked that way, but our once 8 person group shrunk to 4 (they missed booking) and were told a large group coming in. Looking at options as we don’t necessarily want to get subsumed by that group which may dictate who goes on what boat. I really would not want to go out on a 10 am boat

Restaurant time can be an issue as we know that at 7 the kitchen gets busy and backed up, and eating can get rushed so I’d usually just get the smoothie as it was quicker. Pre ordering is a great idea

They do, and it is so much talked about that it appears not to be a secret from the taxistas; perhaps they have some sort of agreement in place. Was it actually illegal for Aldora or just counter to what the taxi union wanted?
MAYBE I REFUSED TO BRIBE SOMEBODY, I DON'T REMEMBER, BUT I WAS PLAYING BY THE RULES AS I UNDERSTOOD THEM.

DAVE DILLEHAY

MAYBE I REFUSED TO BRIBE SOMEBODY, I DON'T REMEMBER, BUT I WAS PLAYING BY THE RULES AS I UNDERSTOOD THEM.

DAVE DILLEHAY
1hnpu7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom