Picture from our latest trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubajude

Reaction score
Pink_Anenome2-_Ribbons.JPG

This was on our recent trip to the Ribbon Reefs Australia.

Great photo! What kind of camera do you use?

Hi Dee,

This shot was taken by my Partner John, the camera he uses is only a snap camera but it does take very reasonable photos.
It is a sea & sea MX-10, I understand that this particular picture was taken with a macro lens.

We recently came back from a trip to the Ribbon reefs in Nth Queensland, this is just up the road (so to speak) about 400klm, we went out on a liveaboard for 3 days, very nice and relaxing.

My partner just registered for this forum so keep an eye out for him, he will be under the name of: " fergyjohn"

Jude

Scuba Jude,
Welcome to the Board.
I just saw fergyjohn's intro, and he mentioned his MX-10.
That is one great picture.
Hope to see more, and to hear from both of you on the Board.
Good luck,
Mike

I just saw his intro. Hope you both will jump right in here with us.

I started out with a MX-10...it's a great little camera! Good job :D

Lionfish_2_keeper_reef.jpg

A nice lionfish I took on the same trip.

Hi Scubajude and Welcome Fergyjohn!

Your 2 photos could have been of 'friends' of ours in the Gulf of Thailand. Clownfish have always been a topic amongst our friends here (one of them uses the Thai name "Pla katoon" as his handle). As for the lionfish/firefish - you always see pictures of them in books thinking they're so exotic and wouldn't you like to see one in real life...etc On Keralucu's and my first certified dive we came across a red firefish hovering around the exit to a swimthrough. The whole group just stopped and hovered nearby watching in awe for a few minutes - it was beautiful. Apparently that spot is it's regular haunt, as we have seen the same fish there several times.

Keep shooting!

...and fantastic pics. That anemone looks so ripe and juicy - I'd want to squeeze it! (Not that I would, of course...) I've never heard of the Sea & Sea MX10 - I don't think they're available here in Thailand. Are they quite reasonably priced in Oz?

(Was it only a few minutes we watched that firefish, Csquirt? It felt like hours... You should explain to those who don't speak Thai :)p) that Pla means fish and katoon means...well...cartoon in Thai!)

G/day Keralucu,

My handle is very simple: My full Name is John Fergusson, get it!!!

My Camera is well known everywhere, I don't understand you not Knowing about them, Sea & Sea advertise in Dive magazine everywhere, they are usually used on lieaboards as hire cameras, although they usually dont come with all the attachments (lenses).

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed.

fergy :)

I'll get around to posting some of my pics from my travels...

Like you fergy, I own a Sea&Sea MK10 with all the bells and whistles. though I'm pretty good (if I don't say so myself) at taking pics with the standard and the wide-angle, those close-up or macroshots need more work.

Back
Top Bottom