Pictures from this weeks dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMJulie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to share some pictures.
Anyone that has been down at the Landing this week has heard about the seahorse.

Attachments

• P4280349.jpg
    P4280349.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 101
  • P4290358.jpg
    P4290358.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 105
Stop posting those pictures Julie! It is making sick that I can not just jump on a plane and dive there again!

yeah.. great shots julie!

you even captured each individual razor in the mouth of the dragon!

Nice pics, that eel looks evil. lol

Koloa Landing was great last week! I had the opportunity to dive with Julie, Katie, and Shawn of Aquatic Adventures while on the island. What a Great company to dive with. I highly recommend them when you visit Kauai. The highlight for me was seeing the seahorse (1st time), which Julie was able to find clinging to the coral. I only saw it once while there, but that was enough to capture a memory of a life time. Thanks to everyone at Aquatic Adventures for a great week of diving.

That seahorse is cool! The Waikiki Aquarium got a few of their seahorses from inside the Ala Wai Canal. The bums pick them up and sell them to the local pet stores, but they have problems with disease when you put them in a tank. I've seen the same species in Kaneohe Bay.

We have two species of seahorses here; Hippocampus kuda and Hippocampus fischeri. The one DMJulie found is a H. kuda. Hippocampus histrix was supposedly found a long time ago, but it is suspected that the specimen was probably a misidentified H. fischeri.

Back
Top Bottom