Pictures of your 7 foot primary...where do you tuck the long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus-fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am switching from an air 2 to a long hose primary / short AAS. I am just curious how different divers route and keep the hose from draging.
Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Here is a page with good detail on hose routing and management.
FKD - Doubles Regulator Config
Some people prefer to keep the hose tucked under the wing as seen on the site, some just let it ride across the wing and still 'tuck' it under the light canister on the right side waist webbing. If you are diving recreationally\without something to tuck it (can be anything from a pouch, knife sheath, or canister), you can just route it across your body and tuck the excess in under your cumberbun\webbing in front of your body. This keeps it secure and doesnt let it dangle, but is still easily deployable when the time calls.

I dive a single tank with a simple recreations (BP/W) setup. I tuck the extra hose into my waistband.

When I am gearing up, first I put on the backup on the necklace, then I let the long hose run down my right side, across my chest from my right hip to my left shoulder, around the back of my neck from the left to the right, then stick the regulator in my mount after bringing it to the front past my right ear. Then I tuck in the excess hose into my waistband, pulling the loop down until the reg sits nice in my mouth with no pulling. Then it is set, and I take the reg out of my mouth and clip it off to a D-ring that is near my right shoulder, until I am ready to use it.

When diving with my light can it gets tucked under it, if I do not have my light I tuck it into the waist harness. However, IMHO a 7' hose is a bit of a PITA for open water rec dives when I do not have my can light. I prefer a 5' hose which does not need to be tucked and is much easier to deal with on a boat with a crew around trying to do things. Also a 5' hose is very adequate for open water share air as well as the vast majority of wrecks. So for my single rig 5' hose for my double rig 7' hose.

kundalinichi, thanks for that link! I was trying to find a website the other day that had good front and side photographs of a long hose setup, and I had a heck of a time . . . too funny that the site that has the good pictures actually belongs to a friend and former instructor of mine!

Thanks for the link

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom