Pinnacle Black Ice Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a black ice and love it. I installed my own pee valve with no problem. Got the Valve from Steve Gamble in FL. I located the place I wanted it, placed a small board under the spot to cut the hole and puched a hole thru the suit. I used a 1/2 bolt and nut with two flat washers then installed the bolt with washer thru the hole. Then installed the other flat washer and nut and tighted the bolt real tight. Let it sit for 24 hours to crush the neoprene. Then installed the pee valve. I ruffed the plastic washers a little so the glue could stick to them also. No big deal and no problems with suit. I can't take credit for this procedure because Steve Gamble told me this. Been diving it for the past 7 months.
In fact I like this suit so much I bought another one with this special pricing. It will be my backup suit.

My local LDS just announced a 50% off sale on Pinnacle suits and I'm going in to look at a Black Ice.

Anyone have any feedback on these suits? Haven't dived compressed neoprene so not sure how different from tri-lam it will be.

What about durability and repairs? I have heard the neoprenes are more difficult and expensive to repair.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

booch

Is the suit still available at 1/2 price? Could you write to me about it at escherandme2001@yahoo.com

Adimitris, This post is 9 months old.

It was special pricing when Zeagle stopped making the Pinnacles around Oct/Nov 2010. Since that time Pinnacles is running the company and they are restarting making the Ice. At least that what the rep told me at beneath the sea show.

The suits sold out in the first month of this first post

When you see something forsale or on sale it would be a good idea to look in the upper left side of the first post to see how old the message is. The date it's posted is in that area.

Adimitris, depending on the size you need. I believe Dayo in Orlando (dayo.com) had one in the XL size and they had good pricing on them. It might be worth giving them a call.

I had just purchased the Black ice dry suit myself. Did drysuit certification coarse this past weekend in a local lake here in Alberta, and at 39F I was very comfy in it. A great suit that I hope serves me well for years to come. :)

Back
Top Bottom