Pinnacle Black Ice sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Armymutt25A

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to figure out what size of Black Ice suit I should order. My height, weight, and hips fall into the XL range and my chest, waist, and inseam fall into the XXXL range on the imperial chart. On the metric side, my height, weight, chest, and hips fall into the XXL range while my waist (by 1 cm) and inseam fall in the 4XL. Needless to say, it's a bit confusing. My measurements are 73" tall, 230lbs, Chest: 48", Waist: 43", Hips: 46", Inseam: 34". Metric: 185.4 cm tall, 104.5 kg, Chest: 120cm, Waist: 112 cm, Hips: 118 cm, and Inseam: 87 cm. Took separate measurements for metric to get better accuracy.

So which measurements are the most important? I would imagine the inseam would be near the top. How loose do the suits run near the max for the measurements given on the chart?

My recommendation is to contact Pinnacle/Zeagle directly. They will email you a form to fill out that ask for many dimensions. You fill it out and send it back to them, then they will then recommend a size based on that.

The BlackIce sizes do seem a bit strange. I had a Large Evo2 and switched to an Extra Large BlackIce.

I'm trying to figure out what size of Black Ice suit I should order. My height, weight, and hips fall into the XL range and my chest, waist, and inseam fall into the XXXL range on the imperial chart. On the metric side, my height, weight, chest, and hips fall into the XXL range while my waist (by 1 cm) and inseam fall in the 4XL. Needless to say, it's a bit confusing. My measurements are 73" tall, 230lbs, Chest: 48", Waist: 43", Hips: 46", Inseam: 34". Metric: 185.4 cm tall, 104.5 kg, Chest: 120cm, Waist: 112 cm, Hips: 118 cm, and Inseam: 87 cm. Took separate measurements for metric to get better accuracy.

So which measurements are the most important? I would imagine the inseam would be near the top. How loose do the suits run near the max for the measurements given on the chart?
The inseam is one of the most important measurments. When you measured your inseam was this from crotch to floor or crotch to ankle bone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom