Pinnacle Kodiak Hand/Leg Seal Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

checkyourmirrors

Registered
Reaction score
I just got my Kodiak this morning and I'll be diving in the Puget Sound this Friday, trying without a second shorty over the top. I wanted advice on if the hand and leg cuffs should go inside or outside of the boots/gloves. Since the Kodiak has two sets of seals, a rubber inner and the neoprene outer, I had read someone saying the inner rubber should go inside the boots/gloves and the neoprene outside should go over the boots/gloves.

Any advice would be appreciated in advance of hitting the 50 degree water.

what type of gloves do you have? With a more traditional glove, your above thoughts are correct.....We have found that XS Scubas Dry Five glove works excellent with the pinnacle locking seal system...a bit more cumbersome to put on, but worth it in warmth non the less. I have dove down to 38 degrees with that glove and been perfectly warm. Alot of my customers that have the same glove are extremely impressed(Pinnacle is our main line of wetsuits) and they are all using them with Pinnacles

Link:
Dive Right In Scuba

I went Pinnacle the whole way and I've got the Merino Neo Lined 5mm gloves.

i have a new pinnacle kodiak size M that i want to sale. whoever is interested please let me know.

have a good one!

DOES YOUR kODIAK HAVE THO NEWW STYLE ZIPPER?I got an xtreme for xmas last year and the zipper failed after 5 dives . Pinnacle replaced it ...2 MONTHS later. That suit never leftthe shop , the zipper was coming out already. Again pinnacle replaced it ,with a kodiak.3 dives later that zipper failed,pinnacle's responce was "send it back" 1month later i have another kodiak with a "new redesigned zipper" then every thing froze ,I have not dove this suit yet . Please let me know if it works for you.
Randy
P.S. the seals go inside , the sleeves and legs go over

I've used mine about ten times now in the Puget Sound and it has performed well with no repeat problems and the zipper. I am curious on how you redesign a zipper and do you know what they changed?

i have been using one for the last year, and never had a problem with it. not sure what zipper it comes with. this is the best semi out there by far.

hope it helps.

Ofer

Its a new zipper by YKK....looks really cool on the suit and seals great with no threat of popping teeth like the original zipper that came on the suit. I will snap a picture of the new zip when I get to the shop :wink: Looks kind of like a black ziplock zipper, but doesnt perform like it...

Its a new zipper by YKK.... I will snap a picture of the new zip when I get to the shop :wink: Looks kind of like a black ziplock zipper, but doesnt perform like it...
I'm curious about this new zipper. My wife has a Kodiak she bought in October and it has the Riri zipper. She only has a few dives in the suit with no problems. I'd hate to think she might develop one, since it's an otherwise awesome suit and it keeps her warm and happy in 60F water. . . Which by extension means I get to stay happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom