Pinnacle Merino-lined Elastoprene 5mil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

battles2a5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked this suit up tonight and did a night dive at the local quarry. I dove for 45 minutes in 60 degree water and I was super-toasty. Honest to goodness, I had way more flexibility in the Pinnacle 5mil than I do in my other 2mil full suit. The warmth was awesome, way more than I would expect from a 5mil. I think this suit would be very comfortable in the low 50's with a hood/gloves. Absolutely great suit, would definitely recommend it. Not to mention it is pretty stylish. I mean, what's the point of being warm if you don't look good? :D

Our Pinnacle rep left a 7 mil for me to test (thanks, Matt!). It was the most comfortable, warm wetsuit I've ever put on. The inside was toasty when I peeled it off. It was super easy to get on and I'll be trading my Henderson Gold Core in for a Pinnacle as soon as my shop starts carrying them. I can't praise these wetsuits enough.

You guys are very lucky - we can't get the merino-elastoprene Pinnacles here in New Zealand, and Pinnacle used to be a New Zealand company! Thanks to the NZ distributor (who apparently distributes a competing brand of stretchy suit so won't bring the Pinnacles into the country). If anyone knows of a decent online site that ships to NZ, let me know!

How deep?

I just bought the Fusion but working with Pinnacle on sizing. I bought from an out of state LDS so they are working with me. Great company.

For those of you that bought the Pinnacle wetsuit, how accurate is the Pinnacle size chart dimensions in comparison to your actual dimentions? When choosing the proper fit did you choose the height first, then weight, then chest, waist hips from your measurements in comparison to the size chart? Or did you try on several sizes to get the best fit?

I gave my dimensions directly to Pinnacle. I am running into an issue with the size they gave me, which was large. After giving them more in depth measurements, they thought I should be in a medium. The large felt too short, meaning it felt like I was really pulling it up ot get the shoulders in. This put additional pressure on the neck seal, which in turn felt like it was choking me.

They just asked for pictures of me in the suit to determine what's wrong with the fit on me. Talk about great service.

The large is listed as 6'-6'2"
The next size up is large tall at 6'2"-6'4" with chest, waist, hips being the same.
How tall are you?
If the wetsuit is cut too short you should be crotch bound, and not able to bend over.

I just tried them on until I got the right size. I have very broad shoulders, so I have to fit the wetsuit by chest and shoulders and just put up w/ a loose fit in the torso and waist. Funny enough, I also bought a Evo II drysuit from Pinnacle. Their sizing chart said a 2xl short would fit me but when it came it was HUGE on me. The shoulders fit but there was a ton of material everywhere else. They also asked for pictures and when they got them, they just said that they don't have a drysuit that would fit me. So I had to send it back and have since ordered a TLS signature series (still waiting for it to come in). So I would definitely try on anything from them before you buy it. I think they are a great company and they have some great products, but the sizing chart is definitely suspect.

I picked up a 5mm this summer and had been using it until late Oct when I went dry again. Fantastic and I'll go back to it in June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom