Pinnacle Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

truck1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was in a relatively new LDS last night looking for soemthing else, when the owner/manager was telling me about Pinnacle wetsuits.(My spare has a broken zipper and I was killing time looking at them while he was talking to someone else in the store.)
My question is is has anybody here have,ever had or planning to have one and how are they compared to other wetsuits.Basically, is it the best or close to the best wetsuits that are on the market, as the owner claims.:hmmm:

Hey I had an LDS do the same to me, and I was in the market for a new wetsuit and I figured the price of 200 bucks on the charger I think is what it was called would be alright, since I spend bucket loads of cash on every other piece of gear.

After using it for awhile, I would have to say that in my opinion Pinnacle is the best suit I have tried on to date, the arms might be a little long on my suit but nothing I can't deal with, or have cut.

I have worn scubapro and henderson before and althought theire suits were good quality, nothing fit me as comfortably or kept me as warm as the pinnacle wetsuit.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Steve

Yes it does.Thank you.I was not actually planning on buying a new suit just yet as my good suit is less than a year old.While we were talking, he mentioned that this is the suit (7mm version) that Sea World is using in there new Beleive show.I just want to make sure that it is as good as he says and not the standard "never need another suit again",before I spend money on something that is not what the salesman says it is.However,if enough people say it is a good suit, than I may get one sooner.

I just got a 3mm Pinnacle suit and I haven't had a chance to dive it yet, but it's a very well constructed suit and comfy. I'm looking foward to testing it out, I'll let you know.

Rachel

People around here have had very good luck with the Pinnacle suits. One says her Extreme is warmer than her drysuit. I plan to dive a new Polar soon and will report back. The boots are very comfy. The suit seems very well made. Of course, YMMV..:)

Me and my dive buddie got Pinnacle Polar 7mm semi-drys this year and love them. We've been diving in 49 degree water and they are great. I have a 3mm Henderson Hyperstretch also and the Pinnacle is just as comfortable and is holding up very well.

I forgot to mention you also can;t really beat the prices on the suits. I bought my charger I think for 200 bucks 7mm suit, didn't have the merino lining but I don't like being toasty underwater, and this suit is pletny warm enough for me. Anyways I seriously don't think you can go wrong with the suit, every one of the dive shops i had been in in town all sell them, unfortunatley none of them had them in the shop except one, and that was the only suit he sold these days.

Ther cheap and very well constructed.

Steve

I tried on the 3 mil elastoprene, it seemed very well constructed and comfy; really wanted to go for it, but I am little with a short neck and found that the tall neck on that model a bit to chokey. Others may not find that a problem.

Is there an on-line store that sells Pinnacle?

I dive in Monterey, CA 48-56F with a Pinnacle Polar 5/7mm with the merino lining, and I'm very happy with it. I dive solo often and the zipper across the front of the shoulders is a bit tough to don alone, but I usually manage. It was also one of the few that fit well. I'm 5'9" and 240 lbs, I'm not terribly big, most people are suprised to hear I weigh that much, (maybe just being nice, heh.). I just have a very large lower body, and they were one of the few with a realistic XLS size. Every suit I'd try on that matched my measurements was for someone that's 6'7", so I;d have 8 inches of bunched up neoprene. And it tends to collect behind the knees as we all know... The other nice part about the one piece wetsuit is carrying less weight. I pulled 10lbs out of the pouches after I sold my farmer.

Also, I searched high and low online and I couldn't find anyone selling pinnacle online, I couldn't even find a pair of their booties.. I had to buy at LDS, here in Monterey, CA. Not that I mind, it's a great LDS, but I always like to save a buck.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom