Pirate Lady (Bahamas) Ran Aground Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just saw this thread!
I have many fond memories from the Pirate's Lady and had looked forward to diving from her again.
I am sad the boat's gone; happy no one was lost.
Rick

My last trip on the PL was 3 months ago. So sad the boat couldn't be saved. I'm thinking the PL location won't be revealed until they've completed the salvage.

Dove on Pirate's Lady in October of last year. Great operation and great boat. Glad no one was injured but sad news about the vessel. Will they replace it and/or run just one boat for a while?

My only concern would have been if the beer was running low.

Well, they were all Canadian... so we did need to restock the beer once we got back to Nassau.

:d

Just got off the morning star yesterday. While on there found out from captain red that when they finally sank the pirate lady they did so in 4k feet of water. There won't be any diving on her

I didn't mean that the Carib Dancer should have left them, I'm just surprised that the other Blackbeard boat didn't take them. Or the Aqua Cat, if they were nearby, since they are run by the same people as Blackbeards. The Carib Dancer is run by a different company, so it was nice of them to take care of the competitor's guests, especially since RJP said there was another Blackbeards boat present. I was surprised that the other Blackbeard boat didn't take the stranded divers. THAT'S what I meant!

I was there on the Morning Star. Carib Dancer really had no choice but to head back in as she had a crew member seriously injured while in the water working on their boats prop. Someone started the prop. with the diver in the water and it cut him up badly. (BCD and most of wet suit cut off the diver). Morning Star crew found the injured diver swept out in the swell. He was taken back to Nassau. 2 of the passengers stayed on Morningstar with remainder returning to Nassau as they were a group diving together and Carib Dancer needed to head back to get urgent help for a seriously hurt crewman.

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom