Pitkin controller board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know where I can get one? Just the little circuit board, or even what they are called in electronics speak so I can find one on alibaba

This is for a dedicated suit heater canister - not a light. But seemed to fit this subforum best...

I'm looking for the same thing to integrate into my own heating canister (Pro 14 rebuild). I know they are PWM controllers, but I can't find one that allows switching fixed levels (100-80-..) by toggling the power (canister switch) on and off. Did you find anything like this in your search?

I'm looking for the same thing to integrate into my own heating canister (Pro 14 rebuild). I know they are PWM controllers, but I can't find one that allows switching fixed levels (100-80-..) by toggling the power (canister switch) on and off. Did you find anything like this in your search?

you have to program the firmware yourself

Thanks for the suggestions Lucca, I've got a lot of room in the canister left (3 x 7cm / 1.2 x 2.8 ) so i might try to put my Light Monkey Pitkin controller on top of the batterypack (and get rid of the eo plugs). I would have expected there would be a market for inline PWM controllers where fixed levels are selected by toggling power on/off .

I don't like having the controller inline , outside the canister due the cables dangling.

I just have to google what that strange word ''Light Monkey Pitkin controller'' mean .

So I send you a suggestion for PWM controller which is of a size ov 1 € ( have them many) and not for some inline thing you don't want to have ???

It has fixed levels and it can remember position , don't heat ( it is just more sophisticated- memory programmable ) generator of square pulses and it is simple to glue near to switch under lid.

In my case I would switch lid switch with 0-1-M ( closed -on- momentary) or better add another one ( M-0-M) ( momentary down - close- momentary up ) and solder thing together

You can also ask pcbcomponents.de how to do it ( most important is to connect gate of mosfet with pulse output of controller ) and enough powerful mosfet to deal with needed current ) If pulse is not right straight up may mosfet generate some heat inside ( also need low inner resistance )

also you have market for these controllers but of course they are wired type

12V Dual Jacket Temperature Controller ......

For people interested, Scaleo (based in Germany) has a controller that can be integrated in the drysuit inflation/thermo valve.

SCALEO-heat-Technische-Daten.jpg

For people interested, Scaleo (based in Germany) has a controller that can be integrated in the drysuit inflation/thermo valve

actually it is integrated in cable / connector ! Nice & complicated :thumb:

Made some DIY PWM controllers for me and my friends - Arduino Digispark-based, 5-step heater control with vibro feedback.
Not too much parts and not a complicated task for man with soldering iron.
Also, we made DIY heating vests from car seat heaters :wink: Perfect and cheap things to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom