Pixtreme Slave Strobe...has anybody used one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlmainer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anybody used the Pixtreme Slave Strobe? I'm looking for an inexpensive strobe for an Olympus C-5060 digital camera. The only other camera that I have ever used is a Sea & Sea MX-10 (film) and I am looking towards the Olympus C-5069. Any help would be appreciated.

I have 2 of the Pixtreme PX-2100 them I use with my Fuji F-700 they work great.
I've been looking a the ads for the Fantasea Nano that is said to be a good bang for the bux and it seems to be the same strobe and can be had for significantly less than the Fantasea labeled version. They come with an aluminum tray and a flex arm diffusers housing and accesories for dry use as well. I purchased mine for $100 each and it cost another $15 for each optical trigger cable.

I have used an identical strobe marketed by Intova, on their IC-600 camera for about 3 months. It has worked well so far. It is not as high powered as the strobes I've been used to using on my film cameras, but for distances up to 5', it works well. For close work the flash intensity switch makes overexposing less likely. For the money, I'm very satisfied with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom