Places to stay for large groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do mixed groups annually, we usually stay at a house on the water. We're generally all friends but it's still ended badly once. With a big mixed group of divers I'd lean towards a resort over a house. Parking won't be an issue like some villas, everyone would be close together, but not stuck in the same kitchen, etc.

I have one more question. Reading some of the answers about shore diving is making me question how much we can do. Are the shore dives easily accessible? Like I said before, one of the families we are traveling with has 3 teenagers so shore diving will be cheaper than multiple boat dives.

Most of the shore dives are quite accessible, some more than others, but you will not have a problem to fill a week with easy entries. No real need to ever get on a boat on Bonaire.

Here's the 60 shore dives accessible along the main road on the west side of the island. A couple of these are better done by boat. Followed by the 26 boat dives off Klein Bonaire, the small island just across the channel
Most have text descriptions: Bonaire Dive & Snorkel Sites | InfoBonaire

Here's an older reference that shows entry photos plus many have GPS coordinates. Scuba Shore Diving Region: ABC Islands
Additionally 26 boat dives are listed surrounding Klein Bonaire just off shore.

None are hard to find though, to the south look for other divers/trucks - it's pretty flat. Everywhere a bright yellow rock with the site name is placed at the entrance. Often coral rubble piled up indicates a good entry point also.

One thing to be aware of is once you leave town in either direction, there are no facilities of any kind at the dive sites - except for the one where the food truck is that day (following the kitesurfers) So you need to bring evertything you need with you on the dive - standard practice is doors unlocked, windows down, nothing you can't afford to lose left in the truck. Buy a small hard case/drybag before you go - you'll need to accommodate the truck keys, glasses, etc. I carry a cc and $20 in cash in a Witz case on a lanyard around my neck.

There is a substantial price increase for being waterfront also. It shows up in the drive/dive/stay packages. With a group your size if you do stay at a non-dive resort/villa ask about a 10person (or however many) discount. Some shops can even arrange dropping tanks on-site daily at least once.

Most property owners on Bonaire have a list of several options they recommend due to service/location etc. If you meet someone not diving or windsurfing, chances are good they live there...lol

Just because it was not mentioned, The Plaza, is an AI option. Should that interest members of your group.

If 5 bedrooms is sufficient check out Bonaire Sunset Villa. It's a private residence located on the water adjacent to Dive Friends Bonaire's Hamlet shop. It also has private gated access directly from the villa to the popular Cliff dive site. The owner, Lamber, is a great guy and good friend who lives on the island and takes great pride in managing the property for the enjoyment of his guests. We've visited the property several times but have never had enough people vacationing with us to justify renting it.

Just because it was not mentioned, The Plaza, is an AI option. Should that interest members of your group.
Reviews are trending down

If 5 bedrooms is sufficient check out Bonaire Sunset Villa. It's a private residence located on the water adjacent to Dive Friends Bonaire's Hamlet shop. It also has private gated access directly from the villa to the popular Cliff dive site. The owner, Lamber, is a great guy and good friend who lives on the island and takes great pride in managing the property for the enjoyment of his guests. We've visited the property several times but have never had enough people vacationing with us to justify renting it.
Shhhhh, that's my secret place lol. He just cashed yet another deposit check from me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom