Places to stay in Grenada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knives

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are heading to Grenada in November...Does anyone have any recommendations about places to stay and dive?

It will be our first time......

Anne

We stayed at true blue and dove with aquanauts....had an awesome time!!! Great place, great pool, great people, great diving!

Hello "Knives",
you can check at Grenada Dive Resorts - Dive Resorts, Grenada Diving, Diving in Grenada > Home , there are a number of places that we can recommend. Depends really on your preferences/ budget for accomodation.
Don't hesitate to contact me, if you have any detailed question. I am here....
Best, Peter

PS. "Muzicgirl", thanks for the flowers- hope to see you again.

Greetings Anne,

We just returned from a 12 day stay on Grenada with a group of friends at the Allamanada Hotel, located centrally along the Grand Anse Beach. There are no less than 3 dive shops located along the beach, all within easy walking distance. Because of the size of our group, we were accorded discounted rates at Allamanda, but even at full price (high season) it would have been worth it. Accomodations are clean, each room has a fridge and coffee maker, the balcony is a great place for the morning's first cuppa joe. Good and economical eating across the street at several locations. Another good website for information on the island and what's to do there is Grenada Explorer.com. (I can't post links yet, but you can figure it out) As far as diving, we had a blast! The vis while we were there was only fair because there had been quite a bit of rain feeding run offs. We did several locations including Dragons Bay, Flamingo Bay, Northern Exposure, Coral Garden and the wreck Veronica L. We would have made other dives, but several in our group began experiencing head cold symptoms so we called the diving on the side of safety.

I have tons of info on Grenada (taxis, things/places to see/do, etc.) so kick me a message if you would like more.

Donna

We are considering a week in Grenanda to dive and snorkel next spring. Can anyone recommend a hotel/resort on a beach that has good snorkeling?

And I guess if anyone can compare th etwo..Grenada or Tobago for diving.snorkeling/ beach vacation?

Yellowfish,

I personally did no snorkling while in Grenada in February, spending most of my time diving, but others in our group were amazed at the great snorkling they found simply by talking to the water taxi operators in St Georges. They hired one to take them out, and came back extolling the terrific spots he brought them to. I understand one spot was on the outside of the reef protecting the mouth of the cove that is Morne Rouge Beach.

I plan on investigating this further myself next February when our group is back in Grenada.

Bequia Beachlizard

I would second the vote for True Blue Bay and Aquanauts.

In October 2006, we stayed at the resort both before and after a liveaboard trip. Nice hotel, but not right on a sandy beach -- it's more rocky/rough terrain.

I dove 3 days with Aquanauts and thought they were excellent. They have a dive shop/center right on the hotels premises ( I think they have other locations or will pick up you elsewhere (see Peter's link in a previous response for more details). They run a good operation and were very friendly too! Nice guides. I dove the BiancaC on one of the days I dove with them.

Back
Top Bottom