Plan A bit the dust, so working on Plan B - P.I. Help Appreciated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi bshort4. If you have any questions regarding All Star Philippines - Stella Maris feel free to email us at info@allstarliveaboards.com or contact our office at 800-327-9600. You can also visit our website, Philippines Dive Liveaboards, for some additional information. In December we are departing from Batangas and offering itineraries to Apo Reef, Puerto Galera and Isla Verde. We also have some other itineraries to Apo Reef & Coron for wreck diving.
Thanks my friends but I'm looking at May 2019 timeframe for a trip to Tubbataha--it seems that the Stella Maris has some of the best prices plus free nitrox if that is still being offered. I know that since All Star recently took over the Stella Maris things may change---hopefully a new paint job in the cabins to get rid of that tacky green paint lol. Thanks again.

Thanks my friends but I'm looking at May 2019 timeframe for a trip to Tubbataha--it seems that the Stella Maris has some of the best prices plus free nitrox if that is still being offered. I know that since All Star recently took over the Stella Maris things may change---hopefully a new paint job in the cabins to get rid of that tacky green paint lol. Thanks again.
Tubbataha rates start from $2,350 and it does include nitrox. Below is a list of trips with availability in May.

May 09 to 15, 2019 (Tubbataha)

May 16 to 22, 2019 (Tubbataha)

May 23 to 29, 2019 (Tubbataha)

May 30 to June 05, 2019 (Tubbataha)

Hi bshort4,
The current working plan is: fly into Cebu for transport to Moalboal, five or six days there in one of the packages offered by Savedra Divers (giving us a day or two to recover from the travel and adjust to the time zone); take a six day dive safari from Moalboal to Sipalay (really looking forward to Apo Island); fly from Sipalay to Cebu and on to Puerto Princessa; and spend a few days there before we get aboard the boat to Tubbataha.

How does that sound to you? (And any other posters!)

Also, is is possible to do any day dive trips out of Moalboal to the northern sites that should be seen? Our friends have mentioned the thresher sharks & I don't know how doable that is from Moalboal, and if it is worth the effort, and what else shouldn't be missed close to enough to Moalboal to not create another leg of travel.
Moalboal to Malapascua is not really doable on a day boat trip. Your best option for diving there would be to take a transfer from cebu airport or moalboal resort and spend a few days up there. maybe start there, then transfer for moalboal for a few days then your trip to Sipalay? My experience of moalboal is that there's not much to recommend more than a few days 5 or 6 days seems excessive.

if you;re planning to fly from cebu to puerto princesa check out which days have direct flights or you'll have to go via manila, which is of course much longer and more prone to cancellations / delays. maybe plan to spend a night in PP before boarding your liveaboard?

Diving wise i'd recommed Dauin and Apo island, my preference has always been to stay in a resort along the coast there and just dive but seems like you will cover the area on the 6 night trip to Sipalay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom