Planning a dive trip, but to where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor:
Flights to Bonaire from Europe are, normally night flights so you can dive on the day you arrive.

Week 33 is the 12 to 18 August?
If yes then KLM from Amsterdam to Bonaire Eur 1858 Depart Amsterdam 23:35 arrive Bonaire 03:20
Drink loads of water on the flight and get a good nights sleep and you can be in the water by midday Saturday. with more than 8 hors sleep behind you. Fly back the followin Sunday depart 13:55 in schipol at 05:00 monday in time to get a commuter flight back to Norway.

Wee after (out 17th back 25th) 1563 euro's

As this is low season in Bonaire I doubt there would be any difficulty in getting a hotel.

Go on give Bonaire a chance, it is a beautiful place to dive.
13th to 19th. Need to be back home late afternoon 20th (my time) since ill be working. (Yep, planning on getting some sleep on the (long) flight back home)

lyonsce:
If you want large animals then Grand Bahama, I liked Xanadu. Roatan is also very good diving (not large animals, but good macro stuff). The Keys are always good for a variety of diving, warm and good reefs. It depends on what you want to see......

Roatan, not much big life???...I see you've never been there Sept thru Dec(whale sharks- that's big enough for me) & also see you've never done Cara a Cara by the 2 Italians(see my avatar, tha's one of sixteen that came in on us that particular dive).....

I have decided to go to Cancun, Mexico during week 33. Tickets and hotel has been booked and paid for. Now I just need to plan which days I go where to dive :D

I'm in Roatan, Honduras working for Coconut Tree Divers in West End. The climate is warm, too warm to be here if you are not somehow entering the water. Luckily we dive a whole lot. We definitely speak English. The owners are English and the rest of us, we speak a bunch of other stuff (i.e. Spanish, French, German). Money not being an issue was mentioned, even if it was it wouldn't be as a big deal in West-end. It's affordable here. Who to dive with? There are about 14 shops in West-end. You just happen to know which one I'm at. Good luck with your research!

If money was not object, and especially living where you do, I'd highly recommend Palau. Blue Corner is famous for large critters. You could do a live aboard, and do 6 dives a day if you like. A week on a live aboard will cost 3K, but you only go around once, right! :D

marcoa:
I'm in Roatan, Honduras working for Coconut Tree Divers in West End. The climate is warm, too warm to be here if you are not somehow entering the water. Luckily we dive a whole lot. We definitely speak English. The owners are English and the rest of us, we speak a bunch of other stuff (i.e. Spanish, French, German). Money not being an issue was mentioned, even if it was it wouldn't be as a big deal in West-end. It's affordable here. Who to dive with? There are about 14 shops in West-end. You just happen to know which one I'm at. Good luck with your research!

You know(lil) Ray (Lopez)???.....If so, tell him I said hi(Joe from Louisiana....)...lol.....

If you are looking for sharks, you may want to consider Moorehead or Beaufort, North Carolina, USA. Right now the water temps are in the low 80's and the vis is 70' to 100'. Large pelagic life iis aboundent and includes routine encounters with sand tiger sharks. This is also called the graveyard of the Atlantic due to the number of wrecks that are present, with dozens of them within recreational limits.

Excellent diving and worth the trip.

Ive always been facinated by the galapagos, almost since I learned to read, So going there one day is definetly an option.
Sharks is also something ive always been wanting to have a closer look at. How I feel about that when Im actually there swimming with them is yet to be seen tho.
Lots of nice travel advice here and enough interesting locations for a few years worth of holidays :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom