Planning a Trip for March 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abbylou1910

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

My boyfriend and I are planning on scheduling a dive trip for March 1st. We'll probably have to rent gear or we might try to rent it for a week from someplace in Miami (that's where we're starting our trip). Any recommendations for hotels in the area? Who would you recommend booking it with? Florida West of Aristakat? I went shark tooth diving once before, but don't remember what charter I used. I did manage to find a beauty though :)

Thanks for your help!
Abby

Attachments

• 2004_0814(001).jpg
    2004_0814(001).jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 66
I agree with artistdiver! As for hotels I'm not sure but all of the franchises are close by. Don't forget to try a shore dive if you have time during your stay!

Thanks guys. I emailed Capt. Jamie. I remember freezing last time I went. What kind of wetsuit do you recommend?

What water temps are you used to diving in? i dive a 3 mm off venice this time of year. If you are local then the water is going to be cold to you. I would imagine it to be expensive to rent gear in Miami and tote it across Florida. Florida West Scuba rents gear. Give them a call. The dont run the charter now. Another outfit does and you can link it from Florida West website. The boat is still behind the shop and the new outfit has an office next to the shop. I havent dove with Aristikat so I cant speak for them. Beach diving off Venice is a great time if you get a chance to do it.

I get chilly wearing a 3mm in the Caribbean :) I think I'll try to go with a 7. I'll give Florida West a call and see what will be cheaper. Thanks for all of your help! There are 4 more spots available on the 1st if anyone would like to join us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom