Planning first PI dive trip April 2019....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FT:
Was there a reason why you are planning to fly to Cebu airport instead of Tagbilaran, if your destination is Alona Beach?
Well... We are flying from Puerto Princessa. Yeah, I guess we can fly from PP to Manila... then Tagbilaran. Looking at the schedules, it seems easier to fly at 11am from PP, arriving at Cebu @ 1300... then ferrying to Bohol. Am I missing something???

No, if you like later departures than 8 am I can see why you don’t want to connect in Manila. I myself would prefer connecting in an airport but you are the one who has to weigh all the factors.

There is allegedly an Air Juan flight from Cebu Mactan to the new Panglao airport, leaving Mactan around 3 pm. Those are small planes. They say that for full fare they will carry 10 kg plus 23 kg per passenger, but then add “if there’s room for it.” You’d want to check what their track record is in that regard.

The taxi ride from Mactan over the bridge/causeway to the ferry pier could take 1-2 hours, no way of predicting.

Description of how it could work here:

Taxi from Mactan Airport to Pier 1 - Cebu City Forum - TripAdvisor

Good list of trusted drivers here, if you want valet service:
Recommended Philippine guides and drivers - Philippines Forum - TripAdvisor

That's some valuable info FT, thanks. I might have to re-visit the idea of PP to Tagbilaran via Manila. The only flight I see on PAL right now, that isn't a 2 day ordeal, has a 5 hour layover in Manila. Also reading some info it's scheduled to arrive in Tagbilaran around 3:30pm. I see the Tagbilaran airport closes at sunset. So if delayed more than a couple hours out of Manila it can turn into a cancelation.

That ride to Pier 1 from Cebu airport sounds like a potential traffic nightmare.

HI
how is balicasag macro comparing to anileo? is there muck as well like in anileo?

thanks

HI
how is balicasag macro comparing to anileo? is there muck as well like in anileo?

thanks
Good question! I will find out in about 6 weeks :) My understanding though is of the 3 areas I'm going, Tubbataha, Balicasag, and Cabilao, Cabilao is the best for macro. But I think it's more wall macro than muck.

Hi Sideways,

Well, there's always chartering your own plane from Puerto Princesa to Panglao . I don't think anyone can offer you a truly painless option.
Butbutbut when it's done, you will be DIVING. At Balicasag and Cabilao. So worth whichever hassle you settle for.

I would avoid transfers in NAIA like the plague. Much worse than being stuck in Cebu city traffic but admittedly it can be really really REALLY bad. So bad.

Well... We are flying from Puerto Princessa. Yeah, I guess we can fly from PP to Manila... then Tagbilaran. Looking at the schedules, it seems easier to fly at 11am from PP, arriving at Cebu @ 1300... then ferrying to Bohol.
There is absolutely no point to fly from PP to TAG via MNL.
Traffic in Cebu City is really bad but the last ferry from Pier 1 by Ocean Jet is 18:40 and you have plenty of time to make it.
Search - Schedule.ph

Porters are everywhere but do make sure charge is agreed before anyone lay their hands on your precious luggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom