Planning on a dive at Heigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fedfirediver

INSTRCUTOR
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all:
I am Planning on going to Haigh later this month, and I just wanted to know about the vis and temp, as well as its location.undefined

Haigh Quarry is in Kankakee, IL which is about 1 1/2 hour drive from the city. Check out www.haighquarry.com

I will be there tomorrow, so I'll let you know about temp/vis. Vis has been pretty good this year.

Thanks for the the link. I am Tring to get down their mid month. So if any one want to dive with a new guy give me a ring.

I was there on Saturday. The weather was fantastic for being outside.

Haigh was a bit crowded with all the people getting certified. We dived the deep side of the quarry and didn't see any other divers. The vis was 10', not the best, but still good diving. The water temp was 56 below the thermocline and low 70's at the surface.

I would recommend Saturday dives because the vis is usually not as stirred up as much as Sundays (after a busy Saturday).

Happy Diving...

thanks for the info

I was just there also on Saturday with my club and a group getting certified.

As stated, weather was beautiful and under the water was not to bad either!!

Mermet in a couple of weeks!!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom