Plans for October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly:
I have a really good recipe for some S'mores now!

Whooooaaaa there... I don't think you fully understand the ramifications of which your speaking. Simply showing up with gear and a handfull of information you 'picked up at the campfire' does not make you a expert in SIR. Only Sm'orwarriors who have undergone the teadious and mind-numbing training on the art of SIR: (S'morring It Right) can safely execute the proper campsite festivities. Please note - S'morriadng It Right is only a name - and does not infer in the least everyone else must be SIW: S'morring It Wrong....

Ber Rabbit:
Now if DiverBrian's buddy was coming with his tent and that salamander heater I wouldn't mind going wet :) That heater will run you out of the tent into the snow in a matter of minutes. Will have to see what hubby is in the mood for, neither of us really minds diving cold water.
Ber :lilbunny:

Now, if you want to see an interesting dip in water, try this link:

www.fawnridgehoa.org/charpie/alaska.html

Hopefully that link will work. The water in there is the Arctic Ocean. Air temp was 37, water was reportedly 37, as well.

Ken

netmage:
Whooooaaaa there... I don't think you fully understand the ramifications of which your speaking. Simply showing up with gear and a handfull of information you 'picked up at the campfire' does not make you a expert in SIR. Only Sm'orwarriors who have undergone the teadious and mind-numbing training on the art of SIR: (S'morring It Right) can safely execute the proper campsite festivities. Please note - S'morriadng It Right is only a name - and does not infer in the least everyone else must be SIW: S'morring It Wrong....

LOL - The best laugh of the day. & now I know how to spell s'morring. Might just come in handy some day.

So did you make it to Florida already?

Paula

Paula, What time will you be getting to Whitestar on October 21st? I wouldnt mind going down for the 21st and 22nd but I have to work the 23rd. Also is that when the Sealancers are going to be down there?

-=Corey=-

Ken, I can't get the link to work.

Bruce said he's interested in New Year's at Gilboa :)

Ber

Caboose:
Paula, What time will you be getting to Whitestar on October 21st? I wouldnt mind going down for the 21st and 22nd but I have to work the 23rd. Also is that when the Sealancers are going to be down there?

-=Corey=-

Hi Corey.

Yes, that is the Ford Sea Lancers Fall checkout weekend with a combined buddy line. I'm not sure what time I'll get there on the 21st. If my work schedule stays what it currently is, I'll leave from I-275 / I-94 around 2pm. Otherwise it will be a few hours later.

Let's keep in touch wrt time. Also, do you plan to camp?

Paula

netmage:

:rofl: too funny Netmage. Well maybe I'll just have to make the s'mores with a little "stroke" luck.
How's Fla?

Slick6:
Camping? What is this camping of which you speak??

Something that us real divers do as to maximize dive time and minimize travel time. Just kidding. So, Dave I take it that means you are hitting the hotel?

scubapolly:
:rofl: too funny Netmage. Well maybe I'll just have to make the s'mores with a little "stroke" luck.
How's Fla?

Polly,

Please do not attempt the SIR smores with out taking a fundementals course. I have been working very closely with Netmage to develop an outline for the class. We believe that you will require 4 hours of classroom work and two smoring exercises by the camp fire. Please don't feel bad if you do not pass the first time as most do not. Remember we are trying to teach you the skills necessary to properly SIR smore. As this SIR-F course takes place over two days you should plan to camp as we will not do the technical portion of the course until it is determined to be dark and we have a camp fire hot enough to melt glass. Wait that is a whole other class.

Netmage and I should have the website up and running some time next week if you would like to start checking on your gear configuration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom