Playa del Carmen hotel suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
My wife and I are going to PDC on Jan14 and while we original planned to stay at an all inclusive out side of town, we decided that we would like to try to stay in town. Can anyone recommend a good hotel? We would really like it to be right on the beach if possible.
Thanks,
Stas

My parents stay at the Gran Porto Real or the Royal when they ar in town. Boy of these hotels ar part of the Real group and are all inclusive. But the most important thing about them is that they are smack dab in the middle of town so you can easily walk to anywhere. Check 'em out. Also if you need to know about the diving around here, just PM. ;-)

I would recommend Hotel Cielo which located on 5th ave and 4th st. Great location, great staff, and great small hotel. I would also recommend Hotel Alhambra (All Inclusive) or Playa Maya. Both hotels are located on the beach. The Alhambra is on the beach and 8th st and the Playa Maya is located on the beach in between 8th and 6th st. Here are the links to all three hotels websites.

HOTEL CIELO ~ PLAYA DEL CARMEN * MEXICO

Alhambra Hotel

Playa Maya | Your beachfront home | Home

Good luck and you will love it in paradise!!

My favorite in town is Luna Blue... however this may not meet the requirements you mentioned above as they are not all inclusive nor right on the beach, they also dont have tv or telephone or a pool if all of those things are important to you. What they do have a great price, fantastic location, easy access to the beach, wonderful staff, and a nice little bar right on property. Check them out at www.hotelzanzibar.com or on tripadvisor.com

I will throw out three others that we like, Hotel Lunata, Aqualuna and Riviera Carib Maya. None of them are on the beach but all are very central to 5th Ave. If the beach is a must have then my choice would be Playa Maya.

I agree with the Gran Porto or the Royal. Great properties and 2 minutes to 5th avenue.

Cheers

Thank you all for responding. We booked a reservation with the Viva Wyndham Maya. This is right outside of town as I understand. Does anyone know of any dive operators that will pick us up from our hotel or will we have to take a cab into town?

Thanks for your time
Stas

I am looking to take my wife diving. She just got certified. Is the current to much in Riviera Maya for a begginer? Or Am i better off on cozmel side when it comes to diving? I have never dove this area. So looking for suggestions. Any good dive shops anyone would suggest??

Josh

Back
Top Bottom